Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

I wondered if any users on here have experienced this strange hold issue. I have put a call into our reseller, but in the mean time I thought I would ask this very knowledgeable forum.

The situation is this:-

A calls B - B places A on hold. A hears MOH and B sees held alert on handset display.

B takes A off hold.

Now if A places B on hold, the hold works but no MOH is heard at B and no Held alert is displayed on A.

The hold can be cancelled no problem.

The customers are blissfully unaware of any problems as the hold functions work correctly. The more eagle eyed amongst them may realise that they are missing MOH after the second hold.

SIP traces indicate that the first hold by the B device, results in a 200 OK / ACK loop. This is only broken when the B device places A on hold again.

We have recreated this fault on both live and test platforms, which use a mixture of equipment types. Primarily our test handsets are Polycom3xx with old SIP 3.2.0 and 3.2.3 applications.

The fault is not replicated on SNOM handsets used on the live and test environments.

I have good and bad SIP traces should anybody care to examine them.

Regards

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Buzzby,

there a various tweaks that can be used for hold scenarios.

I would suggest you update your Phones to a later software version as 3.2.7 or 3.3.5 is the latest for the 320/330 or UCS 4.1.0 for the 321/331/335 range.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.