Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

We are looking to provide a group of VVX handsets access to the 'Polycom Hosted Server'  via the internet. As this is a private network and we need to setup a few FW rules. Are you able to provide the destination of the 'Polycom Hosted Server'  and what ports this service uses to downloaded the firmware to the phone?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Byles_B,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Usually we use Port 80 for HTTP and port 443 for HTTPS

There are multiple destinations as this is hosted on the Amazon cloud.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the response.

Can you confirm the best destination address for us to use whethers it's IP or a hostname.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Byles_B,

The destination "downloads.polycom.com/voice/software/<part-number.xml" is a hostname and you can get the IP's using tracert or similar.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for that. Do we need to be specific on the destination or can we use downloads.polycom.com which resolves to 140.242.65.96.

Essentialls we just need the phone to be able to lookup the Polycom Hosted Server and the available firmware files which can then be downloaded.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Polycom,

Any further response to my previous post ?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Byles_B,

we already replied with the information we are able to share.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.