Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

All the replies that I have seen from Polycom about this issue just say buy a new one.  Why does Polycom even have these forums if people are just told, it's old, buy a new one.  This should be going to engineers or firmware engineers to see okay why is this happening to these phones.  It is clearly a common issue with the IP6000 phones, we've had it happen to dozens of them over the years.

HP Recommended

Hello @derekmski,

The community is here to discuss configuration issues and help people setting up phones.

We as a manufacturer provide 1 year warranty like many other people in the industry. As established your device is 8 years old.

How long should a modern electronic consumer device last in your eyes?

We do not know anything about how you acquired these units or who from. If as stated the unit is only two years old work with the organisation who sold this to you.

There are industry standards like Mean time between failures (MTBF) and I already outlined our public RMA process to you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Well as I stated before we haven't had that phone for that long.  That must be when it was manufactured.  I am going to get a replacement 6000 brand new never used and I am going to give you the mac address and have you tell me how old your system shows the new phone is.

HP Recommended

Hello @derekmski,

the date given is not the manufacturing date. The Manufacturing date is provided on the label on the bottom of the unit.

Again I do not know where you purchased these units from and so far you have kept this information from us.

I am just telling you the facts and there is no way you can repair this units yourself.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Please let me know how old this phone is:  64167F052147.

HP Recommended
As already stated previous the date is in the label on the bottom of the unit

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

That is the manufacture date, I would like to know how old this new phone shows in your system.

HP Recommended

People come to these forums looking to work with experts on their own products even when they have issues with these phones.  It seems like SteffenBaierUK is only interested in telling people to buy a new one rather than having the engineers look into an issue that is reported by many people.  Very poor customer service and support.

HP Recommended

Hello @derekmski,

If you check my signature and the time I replied it clearly states that I do everything in my own personal time and I replied via a mobile device.

Your original post showed a device which was years out of warranty aka older than 8 years.

Your next unit shows as 30/03/2016 via WESTCON GROUP EUROPEAN OPERATIONS LTD.

Again you still have not provided any kind of details where or how you got these units but as this whole discussion is now getting personal I will close this.

The community is a place for professional discussions which this dialog is not.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.