Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom IP 6000 soundstation will not power on

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Polycom IP 6000 soundstation will not power on

So I have two polycom ip 6000 soundstations that have stopped powering on when I put it in the POE jack. All it does is flash red lights every 10 seconds or so. I dont have the charger for the polycoms, but the point of it is that it always powered via the power over ethernet jack. Does anyone know if it would be helpful to buy the charger for it. Or is this some other alternative? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom IP 6000 soundstation will not power on

Hello Roman,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Has any setup on your switch changed that could have caused the units no longer to boot up?

Maybe more Phones have been added and the switch can no longer power all devices?

Please check with your network administrator that the power consumption required by the SSIP6000 can still be provided by the switch.

Please check => here <= for all PoE Consumption Details.

The external Power Supply for the SSIP6000 would be another option to confirm the units have not become defective.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2