Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom IP330 can not hear remote caller

Advisor

Polycom IP330 can not hear remote caller

We have IP330 behind DrayTek 2920 router.  After a couple days phones not used, the phone could lose registration.  In this case, when Polycom dial out, Polycom side can hear other person, but that person can't hear Polycom side talking. 

We have IPsmarx softswitch which is a Windows program software hosted at another data center.

On IP330 phone, I have Registration Expires set to 55 sec.

Where could I check into this problem? 

thanks,

dc

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom IP330 can not hear remote caller

Hello dc,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This sounds like a firewall / port range issue. Possibly you have not opened up enough ports to cover the whole RTP range.

A wireshark Trace would tell you by monitoring the traffic.

You should contact your Reseller for further support if you are unable to do so yourself.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Advisor

Thanks Steffen for pointing out RTP range possibility.

Could tell me Polycom RTP range so that I can make sure our FW open it up those?

This phone was working two days ago though.  Then got this problem can't hear each other after connected.

thanks,

dc

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello dc,

the RTP Range is usually on our Phones as described => here <= on Page 330 starting with Port 2222

Quote:

RTP and RTCP can use any even port between 2222 and 2269 (2317 in VVX-1500), but this is configurable by setting  tcpIpApp.port.rtp.mediaPortRangeStart.

For further details please liaise with your Polycom Reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4