Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom IP335 not registering

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Polycom IP335 not registering

I have a Polycom IP335 that does not register, the phone does not try to authenticate after it receives 401 from the server.  We configured an X-Lite soft phone on the same network and there are no issues.  Ive also tried with other auth ID and PW, no luck...but they all work on other devices.

I know the 401 means its the wrong password or auth ID, but I am able to use the same ID and pw for the soft phone without issues.  The fireware version is 3.2.1.0078

Is there anything that I am missing, any help is appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom IP335 not registering

Hello Pamini,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you check this post => here <= in the FAQ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Steffen, I have checked this section and I am configuring manually.  Any other help would be awesome, thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Check on your router configuration that ALG is turned Off. I'm guessing that the 401 is being address to another SIP device.

Joao

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

This did not help, is there anything else we can check for?

Message 5 of 5