Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello All

I have been advised that my unit is no longer under warrenty or supported since 2015

We had a power cut a last week and since then the Polycom IP4000 unit keeps looping at start

It brings up and DHCP IP within my scope and has a server IP too, the settings are still inside and were not lost, I confirm the patching to network is good and the unit is can ping

Whe I turn the unit on it gets the dhcp ip and then goes Updating initial configuration it stays on this page for a long time, over 10 mins

It then goes to "could not contact boot server using existing config" and then onto "error loading 0004f2e3c81b.cfg" after this it just loops back to the beggining after 5 or so mins

Does anyone know how to get around this?

How to reset this unit to factory default?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello UKStu,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 10, 2012 Question: I get the error Message "error loading 00xxxxxxxxxx.cfg"  or "could not 6xxxxxxxxxxx.cfg" and then Phone continues to reboot

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

I would suggest to setup a spanned port and see if the unit even requests a DHCP address.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello

Thanks for the reply

The reset procedure does not cover the IP4000, does anyone know how to reset the device? hard reset or something?

Also regarding the provisioning server its online, unsure why this device is looping, does anyone have anything we can try? Loading the config manual? any other tests I can do ?

I have attached an image of the device as you can see it has no GUI interface just a simple display which has no option to reset

HP Recommended

Hello UKStu,

The relevant Admin Guide covering the software version you had installed should cover this.

Looking into a SIP 3.1 Admin Guide the combination is:

•  IP 4000 and 6000: 6, 8 and * dial pad keys

Looking at the serial of the device the unit was sold by Polycom via AMSI back in 21/12/2008 so it is nearly 10 years old.

As suggested you can setup a spanned port and see if the unit even requests a IP address but looking at the age it may be time for a new unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello

We were able to reset the device using the key combinations however the loop continues

I will see if someone can setup the spanned port, the unit takes an IP so i assume its communicating well

Thanks for your help guys its been handy for the reset just a shame it didnt clear the issue

Have a great day

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.