Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom IP450 - Dial from Missed Calls

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Polycom IP450 - Dial from Missed Calls

Hi All,

We are unable to successfully dial numbers from our missed calls, Received Calls, Placed Calls or speed dial on the above handset. We have tried using firmware 4.03 4.04 and 4.10.

When a number is selected from any of the above lists, the phone does try to make the call.sip: 0203xxxxxx is displayed on the LCD. Then eventually times out.

I have included a SIP log just in case... Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Synety

INVITE sip:01134166007;transport=udp SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 172.17.2.101;branch=z9hG4bK9c655e8c46941F9F;received=86.12.191.141

Max-Forwards: 70

To: <sip:01134166007>

From: "4020" <sip:441164244020@sip.synety.com>;tag=97EA806A-16495AB5

Call-ID: 4246665e-78a35af9-41ccbc60@172.17.2.101

CSeq: 1 INVITE

Accept-Language: en

Allow: INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, OPTIONS, INFO, MESSAGE, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, PRACK, UPDATE, REFER

Content-Type: application/sdp

Supported: 100rel, replaces

User-Agent: PolycomSoundPointIP-SPIP_450-UA/4.1.0.84959

Allow-Events: conference, talk, hold

Content-Length: 294

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom IP450 - Dial from Missed Calls

Hello Synety,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

If you have a look at your INVITE To: Field.

According to the RFC3261:

To: The To header field contains the address of record whose
           registration is to be created, queried, or modified.  The To
           header field and the Request-URI field typically differ, as
           the former contains a user name.  This address-of-record MUST
           be a SIP URI or SIPS URI.

You are just sending the number and not a full URI.

This maybe simply caused by a misconfiguration of the phone and the community FAQ holds enough details on what a minimal configuration should contain. You should also check the registration status of the phone.

For further support please contact your Polycom reseller and / or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2