Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom IP550 contacts

Occasional Visitor

Polycom IP550 contacts

Hi ,

We are using the polycom IP 550 in combination with Broadsoft for the first time after Siemens Gigaset.

One thing we noticed was that when you save contacts in the directory and that one contacts calls again you only see the number but nothing like a name or label.

I filled in the first name , last name , label etc.

We can't use auto provisoning at the moment because we didn't buy the phones at our voip provider.

Is there something I am missing here ? Its such a simple feature and the hardest thing to get working at the moment.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Valued Contributor

Re: Polycom IP550 contacts

Hi

Do you have software version details and maybe config details?

You can export the config from the gui.... are you provisioning by the GUI if your not auto provisioning?

Cheers

Dave

Message 2 of 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom IP550 contacts

Hello RRautomatisering,

welcome to the Polycom Community. 

As already mentioned by Dave it is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In case of incoming calls not displaying the name if stored please have a look here:

Jan 5, 2012 Question: How can I add capital Letters on a SPIP320,321,330,331 and SPIP335 in the Middle of a Username or Password?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains for example this:

An incoming call can also be identified via a Name rather than a number when utilizing the up.useDirectoryNames="1" Parameter.

NOTE: This feature is activated as a standard in UCS 4.0.0! 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 3