We have a Polycom IP7000 connected to our 3CX Phone system. It had been working with no issues, but it always struggled to connect to the network after a reboot of the server, provision and register with 3CX. I almost always had to login to the web interface and re-save the settings. I had also lost access to the phone's local admin features. I did have admin access on the web interface.
I found the key combination to reset the phone to factory defaults. I held down the 1,3,5,7 keys for about 3 seconds and it prompts for the admin password, 4,5,6. This is successful. It resets the configuration and reboots after some time.
However, now, I receive a different page on the web interface, It is a very basic page with "Welcome to Polycom Web Configuration Utility" and a login for either "User" or "Admin". The password should be back to default of 456 for Admin and 123 for user, however, neither of these passwords work for either user.
I tried some other combinations and other passwords, but none are successful. I receive a blank page containing "Authorization failed."
I am able to set the admin and user passwords on the phone set, but they have no effect on this web config utility.
I do have the most recent version of 3CX version 11. We also have another polycom phone, IP670 that works successfully.
The phone doesn't seem to be getting the config files from the server either.
Below are the current firmware and software versions:
SIP ld Version 22.214.171.12462
Components: POLYDSP PNX1700 MEM1 FS1 version 6.2.0.0088
Soundstation IP 7000
Assembly 3111.40000.001 rev j
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
welcome to the Polycom Community.
If your provisioning platform is 3CX and the phone load's its configuration from there then you would need to contact 3CX to check what they change the standard password for.
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.
Polycom Global Services
Had the exact same issue with IP 5000 using the latest FW and Updater - 4.0.9.0509 and 5.0.9.0001 respectively.
I tried resetting each of the possible settings, then doing Factory reset - none of these helped. 24 hours later I was automatically logged in.
My guess is that the browser kept some login info from the previous FW UI and I had to wait for it to expire after upgrade.