Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are using FreePBX version 6.12 on CentOS 6 with Asterisk 11.

I have a Polycom 550.

It is using firmware 4.1.0.

There are four line-keys on the 550.

The phone is assigned to use two of the lines as phone lines; the other two are left empty.

Normally the empty line keys get filled with entries from the speed dial list.

I am having a problem where the Polycom phone loads it's contact directory but does not fill the empty line keys with entries from the speed dial list (mac-directory.xml).

The contact list (speed dial list) is there in the phone's menu - if I go to Menu > Features > Contact Directory, I can see all of the entries in the list.

If the user edits the contact list, then the contacts immediately begin to show on the empty line keys.  But when the phone is rebooted the line keys are empty again.

What can I do to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello BGM,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

UCS 4.1.0 or UCS 4.1.1 for SoundPointIP or SoundStationIP is for usage with Microsoft LYNC only.

In your case you are using SIP so the latest supported Software is UCS 4.0.7. Once you downgraded the phones and each Speed Dial has a Favorite entry the free Line Key will be populated.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Mr. Baier,

Thank you for the answer.  I spent a long time trying to solve the mystery, and I kept thinking it had to do with firmware.

Here is my thread at the freepbx forum in case anyone else needs to follow along.

HP Recommended

Mr. Baier,

That was indeed the problem.  I downgraded the bootrom and it works just fine!

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.