Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is it possible to set the volume for the PTT Paging Feature built into the phones via configuration files?

My problem is that each phone (by default) is set to 50% volume when someone does a page which I have had numerous complaints that it is too quiet.  The problem I have found is the phone seems to want to retain the volume level for the person doing the page (almost like everyone has their own volume level).

For example:  User A does a page to all phones and User B turns the volume up to hear User A to 100%.  User C then does a page to all phones and it comes across to User B as 50% (default). User A then does another page and it is at 100%.

My issue is I can have over 30 people who can do a page at any given time.  How can I set the volume of a normal page (not emergency) to 80-100% on all phones for all pages?

Thanks for the assistance.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Aeudian,

The volume levels are carefully adjusted and should not be changed without prior consulting Polycom support via your Polycom reseller as adjusting these values may violate international loudness/safety standards such as TIA/EIA 920.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

I am the reseller/partner who is inquiring about this on behalf of my client.  We used the PTT on your recommendation since the 650's couldn't keep up with the presence issue (with expansion modules) when Asterisk was doing the intercom page.  The PTT works great except my client wants it to be louder on the speaker phone when it comes through so that its more of a traditional intercom that can be heard away from your desk (like if you were at the printer nearby).  Right now the default volume that comes across (50%) can barely if at all be heard from a cubical.  Its fine in a closed office but 80% of the staff are in cubical sitting right next to the phone and can't even hear the page.  Having the end user adjust the volume for each page just doesn't fly with the client.

Within the documentation and configuration files I only see the parameter "ptt.emergencyChannel.volume"  nothing for a default volume for group 1 (or none emergency).  Maybe it doesn't exist; I just need to know if I need to do an alternative overhead speaker system instead rather then using the phones.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Check out the UCS Admin Guide for your particular firmware level (I'm on 5.0.1).  There is a section called Volume Parameters that deals with volume resetting after various call scenarios.

Page 530 of this particular guide - http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/products/voice/ucs_ag_5_0_1.pd...

I also read up some more on the ptt.emergencyChannel.volume parameter.  The permitted values are from -57 to 0 with the number closer to 0 functioning louder (Page 472 of the same guide).

HP Recommended

Hello jplarsonqg,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I dealt with this user directly using the correct method of a service request. He did not want to use the emergency volume as this should be applicable for all PTT calls.

There is a not yet documented parameter I had supplied him with but have not yet received any feedback.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

We have a school where we have deployed VVX300 and 400 handsets.  The 300 handsets are in the classrooms and we need to change the default page volume for non-emergency PTT/Polycom Paging to a higher/louder level.

It appears you provided the undocumented setting to the previous requestor.  Let me know if you can provide this to us or how we can get this setting?

Sincerely,

Eric Alt

HP Recommended

Hello Eric,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I can only advice you to follow this up via the means of a service request via your Polycom reseller. Please reference this post when doing so,

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen,

I am a Polycom reseller.  We are working on this issue for one of our clients.

I will look into how to open a service request unless you can quickly guide me.

Thanks!

Eric

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.