Polycom Provisioning site specific settings

Occasional Visitor

Polycom Provisioning site specific settings

We have an FTP server to which all of our phones use DHCP option 160/161 to locate the server.  There is a master configuration (000000000000.cfg) which has has the following configured for our phone's global settings:

CONFIG_FILES="global.cfg"

I would like to deploy a subset configuration to all phones in one location/subnet.  Is it possible to have phones dynamically pick a config per location from a single provisioning server or would there have to be a separate FTP server per location to obtain per-location specific settings?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES
Occasional Visitor

Re: Polycom Provisioning site specific settings

You could use different DHCP scopes for each location and point them at different FTP servers or the central FTP server with different accounts for each location. A simpler solution would be to look at using a provisioning application like <removed by the moderator> which allows you to create highly granular configs based on a number of criteria including location.

Chris

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Provisioning site specific settings

Hello @jaltmann,

welcome to the Polycom Community.
I have removed the commercial response by @______Chris as this is against the community rules.

Polycom offers solutions like RealPresence Resource Manager which can archive what you are after. We also offer a cloud solution called PDMS-E

Please work with a Polycom reseller for this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 3