Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

We want to use the config file encryption for our Polycom IP Soundstations described in T67442.

Not using config file encryption prevents us from upgrading our Soundstations to latest Uc software.

Is it possible to get the SDK to encrypt the configs? Normal AES encrypt tools won't work.

Thanks in advance!

Wilson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Wilson,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As stated in the QT67442 on page 1:

Summary of Configuration Steps

You must perform the following steps:

1 Request the Software Development Kit (SDK) for key generation and configuration file encryption/decryption from Polycom Customer Support and follow the instructions outlined in the Readme file.

Please contact your Polycom Reseller and/or Polycom Support in order to request the SDK as described above.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Wilson,

As stated in the QT67442 on page 1:

Summary of Configuration Steps

You must perform the following steps:

1 Request the Software Development Kit (SDK) for key generation and configuration file encryption/decryption from Polycom Customer Support and follow the instructions outlined in the Readme file.

Please contact your Polycom Reseller and/or Polycom Support in order to request the SDK as described above.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for your fast reply. One more question: do we have to charge for the SDK or is it free?

HP Recommended

I need the software,  where can  download it ?

HP Recommended

Hello Bonilla,

Could you be so kind and read the reply to the original post ?

It is all explained above.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello,

We have got the SDK. I found there such info:

The utility is distributed as source code which runs under the UNIX operating

system. Some work will be required to make it run under the Windows operating system.

Where I could get more info on that „some work“ to run it on Windows OS?

Currently our provisioning server runs on Windows server 2003 and we would like to use it for Polycom IP phones too.

Thanks

Darius

HP Recommended

Hello Darius,

The Encryption tool is build for Linux only and requires a Linux machine. You may be able to utilize cygwin to archive to build EXE files for a Windows operating system.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have messaged support but they have been unable to provide me with the SDK. Is there any other way to get it?

SR Number: 1-2220513721

HP Recommended

Hello cbolt,

I looked into this and the support team in your region should contact you on this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Sorry for hijacking this thread but we have exact same problem as cbolt.

We sent a request to Polycom Support (SR 1-19276344971) but it seems they are unable to find the SDK.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.