Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom SPIP Data Entry Modes for alpha-numeric does not work

Occasional Contributor

Polycom SPIP Data Entry Modes for alpha-numeric does not work

Hello,

I am trying to enter a alpha-numeric password to a Polycom SPIP 331,  but  when I try to press a key multiple times for to get the specific letter/alpha-numeric character, the phone does no let it, and accept the input with the first key depress.

There is a soft-key menu for to change the entry mode that are 1->Aa, A->a1 and a->1A, but does not matter what entry mode I choose , the behavior is the same.

This issue is reproduced at the "Enter Reset Password:" prompt, at the booting process for to reset some parameters.

As mentioned the phone model is Polycom SPIP 331 (SIP Version 4.0.5.4853, BootROM 4.4.0).

Thanks in advance for any help regarding this

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom SPIP Data Entry Modes for alpha-numeric does not work

Hello ,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 5, 2012 Question: How can I add capital Letters on a SPIP320,321,330,331 and SPIP335 in the Middle of a Username or Password?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2