Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I downloaded a Sample Application from http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/spip/Polycom_Sample_Applications.zip that contains a java based app to set up a news, weather, and 'thought of the day' feed to the microbrowser in the Soundstation line of phones (in my case IP560). I've loaded it on a test server and can configure it, but it seems to be hard coded to only allow web connections from localhost, so I can't test it on a phone, or standard browsers loaded on other machines on my network. I've looked in the normal places where you would do that in Tomcat 6, but to no avail. I've checked with Netstat with the app shut down and don't see anything else running on port 8080. I have other web apps running on the same server with no problem, so I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my Server. This is a pretty old app, but can anybody offer any tips on opening it up?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Problem solved, I checked everything except the most obvious: my Server's firewall was not allowing port 8080. I guess I needed a good night's sleep and a cup of coffee!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.