Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our company is using Polycom 650 phone running SIP version 3.2.6.0314 with a ADTRAN SIP PBX appliance.  There is a need to add a softkey speed dial on the phones.  All of the current speed dial buttons are in use and can’t be changed.

The speed dial will be used to dial our paging system.  The speed dial softkey will dial a 4 digit extension (5799).  The speed dial needs to be added in 2 locations, one the idle screen and on the Hold screen.  On the idle screen there are only 2 softkeys in use, so I just need to add one there.  On the hold screen all 4 are in use, so I would like to remove the Conference soft key and add the speed dial softkey with the label Page.

I do know that I will need to enable the enhanced features and edit the phone’s XML file.  However I am very new to this and do not know what exactly I need to edit or what to edit and what the proper syntax is. 

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.  Step by step instructions and/or an example will also be helpful.

Thanks,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply.  I was able to add the Transfer and Hold softkeys back and get them working.  I found that the $F worked for the Transfer softkey, but for the Hold softkey I had to use $C.

Below is what I ended up adding to my sip_32x.cfg to get it working.

feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="1"

<efk>
      <version efk.version="2" />
      <efklist
        efk.efklist.3.mname="grppage1"
        efk.efklist.3.label="Page"
        efk.efklist.3.status="1"
        efk.efklist.3.action.string="5799"
        efk.efklist.2.mname="hold"
        efk.efklist.2.label="Hold"
        efk.efklist.2.status="1"
        efk.efklist.2.action.string="$Chold$"
        efk.efklist.1.mname="transfer"
        efk.efklist.1.label="Transer"
        efk.efklist.1.status="1"
        efk.efklist.1.action.string="$FTransfer$"  
      />
      <efkprompt
        efk.efkprompt.3.status="1"
        efk.efkprompt.3.label="Page"
        efk.efkprompt.3.userfeedback="visible"
        efk.efkprompt.3.type="numeric"
        efk.efkprompt.2.status="1"
        efk.efkprompt.2.label="Hold"
        efk.efkprompt.2.userfeedback="visible"
        efk.efkprompt.2.type="numeric" 
        efk.efkprompt.1.status="1"
        efk.efkprompt.1.label="Extension"
        efk.efkprompt.1.userfeedback="visible"
        efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric"   
      />
   </efk>
   <softkey
     softkey.4.label="Page"
     softkey.4.action="5799"
     softkey.4.enable="1"
     softkey.4.precede="0"
     softkey.4.use.idle="1"
     softkey.4.use.active="1"
     softkey.4.use.alerting="1"
     softkey.4.use.dialtone="1"
     softkey.4.use.proceeding=""
     softkey.4.use.setup=""
     softkey.4.use.hold="1"
     softkey.2.label="Hold"
     softkey.2.action="$Chold$"
     softkey.2.enable="1"
     softkey.2.precede="0"
     softkey.2.use.idle="0"
     softkey.2.use.active="1"
     softkey.2.use.alerting="1"
     softkey.2.use.dialtone="1"
     softkey.2.use.proceeding=""
     softkey.2.use.setup=""
     softkey.2.use.hold="0"
     softkey.3.label="Transfer"
     softkey.3.action="$FTransfer$"
     softkey.3.enable="1"
     softkey.3.precede="0"
     softkey.3.use.idle="0"
     softkey.3.use.active="1"
     softkey.3.use.alerting="1"
     softkey.3.use.dialtone="1"
     softkey.3.use.proceeding=""
     softkey.3.use.setup=""
     softkey.3.use.hold="1"
     softkey.feature.forward="1"
     softkey.feature.newcall="1"
     softkey.feature.endcall="1"
     softkey.feature.split="1"
     softkey.feature.join="1"
     softkey.feature.directories=""
     softkey.feature.callers=""
     softkey.feature.mystatus="1"
     softkey.feature.buddies="1" 
     softkey.feature.basicCallManagement.redundant="0"
   />

Thanks for your help and direction.

Regards,

Kevin

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello Kevin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Have a look at my reply in this post => here <=

In addition the FAQ holds this:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

You may find more answers using the Community Search.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I was reading through => here <= regarding using the Enhanced Feature Keys and looked at the attached example EEK-SoftKey.cfgs.  This is what I have come up with so far.  I added in Call Park and Call retrieve.  Can anyone tell me if this looks like it will work? 

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<sip>
   <feature feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="1"/>
   <efk>
      <version efk.version="2"/>
      <efklist efk.efklist.1.mname="callpark" efk.efklist.1.status="1" efk.efklist.1.label="Call Park" efk.efklist.1.action.string="$Chold$*77$P5N4$$Tinvite$" efk.efklist.2.mname="callparkretrieve" efk.efklist.2.status="1" efk.efklist.2.label="Call Park Retrieve" efk.efklist.2.action.string="*78$P5N4$" efk.efklist.3.mname="browser" efk.efklist.3.mname="Page" efk.efklist.3.status="1" efk.efklist.3.label="Page" efk.efklist.3.action.string="5799"
   </efk>
   <softkey softkey.1.label="Park" softkey.1.action="!callpark" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.precede="1" softkey.1.use.active="1" softkey.1.use.alerting="0" softkey.1.use.dialtone="0" softkey.1.use.hold="1" softkey.1.use.idle="0" softkey.1.use.proceeding="0" softkey.1.use.setup="0" softkey.2.label="PTT" softkey.2.action="!ptt" softkey.2.enable="1" softkey.2.precede="0" softkey.2.use.active="0" softkey.2.use.alerting="0" softkey.2.use.dialtone="0" softkey.2.use.hold="0" softkey.2.use.idle="1" softkey.2.use.proceeding="0" softkey.2.use.setup="0" softkey.3.label="Page" softkey.3.action="5799$Tinvite$" softkey.3.enable="1" softkey.3.precede="1" softkey.3.use.active="1" softkey.3.use.alerting="0" softkey.3.use.dialtone="1" softkey.3.use.hold="1" softkey.3.use.idle="1" softkey.3.use.proceeding="0" softkey.3.use.setup="0" softkey.4.label="Retrve" softkey.4.action="!callparkretrieve" softkey.4.enable="1" softkey.4.precede="0" softkey.4.use.active="1" softkey.4.use.alerting="0" softkey.4.use.dialtone="0" softkey.4.use.hold="1" softkey.4.use.idle="1" softkey.4.use.proceeding="0" softkey.4.use.setup="0"
</sip>

I was also reading that I would have to edit the <mac>-directory.xml file.  Would adding this to the xml work?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- $RCSfile: 000000000000-directory~.xml,v $  $Revision: 1.3 $ -->
<directory>
  <item_list>
    <item>
      <fn>Page</fn>
      <ct>5799</ct>
      <sd>99</sd>
    </item>
  </item_list>
</directory>

Thanks,

Kevin

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

After reading the articles you suggested, I have re-written the enhanced features script.

Does this look like it will work?

<feature>
    <feature.enhancedFeatureKeys feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"></feature.?enhancedFeatureKeys>
  </feature>
  <softkeyoff>
     <softkey softkey.feature.Confrnc="0"/>
  </softkeyoff>
  <softkey3>
  <softkey softkey.1.action="5799$Tinvite$" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.label="Page" softkey.1.use.idle="1" softkey.1.use.alerting="0" softkey.1.use.dialtone="1" softkey.1.use.hold="1"/>
  </softkey3>

Thanks,

Kevin

HP Recommended

Hello Kevin,

if you just want the Softkey to dial a number a simple:

softkey.1.action="5799" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.label="Page" softkey.1.use.idle="1"

as above is sufficient. It would display the softkey in the idle state only. Other states can be added.

Your:

softkey.feature.Confrnc

is a parameter that to my knowledge does not exist.

Usually to remove the Conference Softkey and other keys that come with it (Hold & Transfer) the following is used:

Above only works for phones who have a Conference, Hold and Transfer key.

Simply correct your configuration and test it to find out if it works.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for the corrections.  I have updated my code accordingly.  I am adding it to my sip.cfg file.  Is this the correct location?

I am adding it after the entry:

<feature feature.1.name="presence" feature.1.enabled="0" feature.2.name="messaging" feature.2.enabled="0" feature.3.name="directory" feature.3.enabled="1" feature.4.name="calllist" feature.4.enabled="1" feature.5.name="ring-download" feature.5.enabled="1" feature.6.name="calllist-received" feature.6.enabled="1" feature.7.name="calllist-placed" feature.7.enabled="1" feature.8.name="calllist-missed" feature.8.enabled="1" feature.9.name="url-dialing" feature.9.enabled="1" feature.10.name="call-park" feature.10.enabled="0" feature.11.name="group-call-pickup" feature.11.enabled="0" feature.12.name="directed-call-pickup" feature.12.enabled="0" feature.13.name="last-call-return" feature.13.enabled="0" feature.14.name="acd-login-logout" feature.14.enabled="0" feature.15.name="acd-agent-availability" feature.15.enabled="0" feature.16.name="nway-conference" feature.16.enabled="0" feature.17.name="call-recording" feature.17.enabled="0" feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="0" feature.19.name="corporate-directory" feature.19.enabled="0" feature.20.name="picture-frame" feature.20.enabled="1"/>

So what I end up with is this:

<feature  feature.1.name="presence" feature.1.enabled="0" feature.2.name="messaging" feature.2.enabled="0" feature.3.name="directory" feature.3.enabled="1" feature.4.name="calllist" feature.4.enabled="1" feature.5.name="ring-download" feature.5.enabled="1" feature.6.name="calllist-received" feature.6.enabled="1" feature.7.name="calllist-placed" feature.7.enabled="1" feature.8.name="calllist-missed" feature.8.enabled="1" feature.9.name="url-dialing" feature.9.enabled="1" feature.10.name="call-park" feature.10.enabled="0" feature.11.name="group-call-pickup" feature.11.enabled="0" feature.12.name="directed-call-pickup" feature.12.enabled="0" feature.13.name="last-call-return" feature.13.enabled="0" feature.14.name="acd-login-logout" feature.14.enabled="0" feature.15.name="acd-agent-availability" feature.15.enabled="0" feature.16.name="nway-conference" feature.16.enabled="0" feature.17.name="call-recording" feature.17.enabled="0" feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="0" feature.19.name="corporate-directory" feature.19.enabled="0" feature.20.name="picture-frame" feature.20.enabled="1"/>
<feature>
    <feature.enhancedFeatureKeys feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"></feature.enhancedFeatureKeys>
  </feature>
  <softkey>
  softkey.1.action="5799" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.label="Page" softkey.1.use.idle="1"  softkey.feature.basicCallManagement.redundant="0" />
  </softkey>

Does this look correct?

Also, you mentioned that as well as removing the Conference key the line "softkey.feature.basicCallManagement.redundant="0"" will also remove the Hold and Transfer keys as well.  If I wanted to keep those keys, is there a way to add them back?

Thanks,

Kevin

HP Recommended

Hello Kevin,

I can only guide you with examples but I am unable to check your actual complete configuration as I cannot provide free support in the community.

If you want to add additional keys that have been removed you will need to add them via another softkey.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I figured out part of my problem.  I was adding the changes in the sip.cfg file.  I looked at one of the phones <mac>.cfg file and found that it was looking at the sip_32x.cfg file.  So I have added the entries to the sip_32x.cfg file and the Page softkey is showing up.

Some of the other links I found usefull for helping me to get this working were:

http://www.tech-r-us.com/public_files/manuals/Polycom/IP7000/UserDocuments/TechnicalBulletin/Technic...
http://wiki.sipfoundry.org/plugins/viewsource/viewpagesrc.action?pageId=3768464
http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/Enhanced_Feature_Keys_T...

I needed to change the entry for the enhanced keys from:

feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="0"

to

feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="1"

Then I have added the following entries:

<efk>
      <version efk.version="2" />
      <efklist
        efk.efklist.3.mname="grppage1"
        efk.efklist.3.label="Page"
        efk.efklist.3.status="1"
        efk.efklist.3.action.string="5799"
      />
      <efkprompt
        efk.efkprompt.3.status="1"
        efk.efkprompt.3.label="Page"
        efk.efkprompt.3.userfeedback="visible"
        efk.efkprompt.3.type="numeric"
      />
   </efk>
   <softkey
     softkey.4.label="Page"
     softkey.4.action="5799"
     softkey.4.enable="1"
     softkey.4.precede="0"
     softkey.4.use.idle="1"
     softkey.4.use.active="1"
     softkey.4.use.alerting="1"
     softkey.4.use.dialtone="1"
     softkey.4.use.proceeding=""
     softkey.4.use.setup=""
     softkey.4.use.hold="1"
     softkey.feature.forward="1"
     softkey.feature.hold="1"
     softkey.feature.newcall="1"
     softkey.feature.endcall="1"
     softkey.feature.split="1"
     softkey.feature.join="1"
     softkey.feature.transfer="1"
     softkey.feature.directories=""
     softkey.feature.callers=""
     softkey.feature.mystatus="1"
     softkey.feature.buddies="1"
   />

The page key is showing up, but I am having trouble adding the Hold and Transfer soft keys back in.  I thought the entries    softkey.feature.hold="1" and softkey.feature.transfer="1" would add them back in.

Do you have any examples for adding soft keys back in?

Thanks,

Kevin

HP Recommended

Hello Kevin,

I can only again reference the Admin Guide.

There is simply no such function as softkey.feature.hold="1" or softkey.feature.transfer="1" to my knowledge.

You would need a  softkey.x.action="$Fx" where x is hold or any other function mentioned in the Admin guide.

Best regards

Steffen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.