Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Polycom SoundPoint 550 & 560

1. No Factory Reset in the Phone Menu.

2. Could not do a Factory Reset holding down the following keypad Keys: 4, 6, 8,*

Therefore, cannot setup phone or obtain an IP Address.

How can I perform a Factory Reset if items 1 & 2 above do not work?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello FEFLAW,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Most likely the Admin password ha been changed but as you did not provide any history or details on these phones we can only guess.

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

If your phone is still able to connect to the Provisioning server please reset the password via the Device Parameters documented in the Admin Guide or here

The above is also stated in the Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum

If this is not possible please contact your Polycom reseller or the person you purchased the phone from.

We will remove any post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove the password.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The Admin Password has not been changed.

Admin Password is 456.

No Factory Reset in the Phone Menu.

Could not do a Factory Reset holding down the following keypad Keys: 4, 6, 8,*

HP Recommended

Hello FEFLAW,

It is always useful to include the currently used SIP or UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition you still have not told us any history about these phones and or if you followed up the factory reset post.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We have Twenty (20) Polycom Sound Point IP 550 & 560.

Software Version for 20 phone:                              4.0.4.2906

Boot Rom Software Version for 20 phone:             4.4.0.0080

Factory Reset:

Eighteen (18) phones had been factory reset using Menu\Settings\Advance Admin Settings\Reset to Factory, or using the phone Keypad 4, 6, 8, *

Out of the twenty (20) phones two (2) cannot be factory reset  using Menu\Settings\Advance Admin Settings\Reset to Factory, or using the phone Keypad 4, 6, 8, *

Phones History:

We had used the twenty (20) Phones with a previous VOIP provider.

We switched to a new VOIP provider that supports Polycom so we had to reset all phones to factory reset. 

With the exception of the two phones we cannot perform a factory reset

HP Recommended

What happens when you hold down 468* together? Does the phone do anything? It should beep, and then prompt you for the admin password. Is it just doing nothing, or something else?

HP Recommended

468* prompted for admin password. Entered admin password then phone will reboot. However phone will not go back to factory setting.

HP Recommended

Hello feflaw,

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Again as already posted the above clearly shows that this must be done when the phone boots aka interrupt the boot process by pressing cancel.

If the password has been changed from 456 this will fail if using 456 and we do not discuss here how to circumvent this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.