Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom SoundPoint IP 335 endless reboot loop

Occasional Visitor

Polycom SoundPoint IP 335 endless reboot loop

Hi there,

My Polycom IP 335 phone is now in endless reboot. 

The phone was running SIP 3.2.2, running provisioned using IPFX. 

The problem started today, when it started it got stuck at updating initial configuration. When there was no activity for more than 3 hours, I plugged out the PoE lan cable, used the key combination 1,3,5,7 to reboot the phone and since then the phone is now in an endless loop.

It starts, shows the Polycom Logo, displays the message "Welcome, start boot in 6 s" and then again reboots, without even initialising the network. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom SoundPoint IP 335 endless reboot loop

Hello @tom-[e-merge] ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

I am unaware what IPFX is but as a workaround I would look at a local FTP server instead

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

The next step should also be to install a currently supported software. I suggest UC Software 4.0.14

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2