Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom SoundPoint IP 550

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Polycom SoundPoint IP 550

We recently had a new system installed and it is managed by another company. We have the IP 550 phones and wanted to be able to page all. Or PTT all phones as an intercom. Our old system did that and we used it a lot because we move around the building a lot during the day. I was told the Polycom phones cannot do that. That it was not even possible. They are using the Broadsoft management at thier end. I used to do coding and I wuold think there must be a way to do this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Re: Polycom SoundPoint IP 550

Look at Sip-Header fields. With properly sip message you can do paging as well.

More info can be found in manual with strings like this:

<RING_ANSWER se.rt.4.name="Ring Answer" se.rt.4.type="ring-answer" se.rt.4.timeout="3000" se.rt.4.ringer="2" se.rt.4.callWait="6" se.rt.4.mod="1" />

In Asterisk-based system sip header can be added in something like this

exten => AutoAnswer,1,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Ring Answer)

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom SoundPoint IP 550

Hello,

UCS 4.0.x added PTT to all phones capable running UCS 4.0.0

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 3