Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom SoundPoint IP550 SIP doesn´t get TFTP server

Occasional Visitor

Polycom SoundPoint IP550 SIP doesn´t get TFTP server

I want to upgrade a polycom SoundPoint IP 550 SIP phone, but I don´t know the administrator password and also the TFTP option is disabled when the IP phone gets the DHCP IP address. I see the default administrator password has been changed because the 456 and <this topic is not being discussed within the community>.

Could anybody tell me what is the process to unblock an IP550 phone when we don´t know the password and when the TFTP option server is also disabled, please.

Sincerely,

JORGE ARIAS.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom SoundPoint IP550 SIP doesn´t get TFTP server

Hello JORGE ARIAS,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

Please contact our support team or the person who sold you the phone.

This post will be closed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2