Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom SoundPoint IP670 unexpected reboots

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Polycom SoundPoint IP670 unexpected reboots

Hello,

I’ve several Polycom SoundPoint IP670 with IP Color Expansion Module.

I used them for many years with the firmware v3.2.x, without encountering any malfunction.

Since I have upgraded them to the firmware v4.0.1, I have often noticed unexpected phone reboots or phone interface blocks.

In particular, I noticed that the problem occurs when I have other incoming calls.
Other phone models with the same firmware do not have any problem.
Can anyone help me?

Thank You

Marco

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom SoundPoint IP670 unexpected reboots

Hello Marco,

the UCS 4.0.2 Rev B will address this issue and should be released in the next two weeks hopefully but this is just my own personal prediction.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hello Marco,

this sounds familiar to an issue that I am aware off.

The scenario on this is as follows:

• Phone A Monitors Phone B and Phone C
  • Phone A is in idle mode (no call)
  • Phone B calls Phone C
  • Phone A now displays the BLF activity for Phone B and C
  • On Phone A now press any key like (1-0,*,#) and as a result Phone A will reboot.

This is a know issue in UCS 4.0.1 and will be addressed in the next official UCS 4.0.2 Release which is due soon.

If above scenario does not cause a reboot for you please go ahead and raise a Service Ticket with your Polycom Reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much Steffen for your prompt reply.

The scenario is exactly the same as you described.

It 's already been scheduled the release date of the new firmware that will fix this problem?

Thank you again.

Best Regards

Marco

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

Hello Marco,

the UCS 4.0.2 Rev B will address this issue and should be released in the next two weeks hopefully but this is just my own personal prediction.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4