Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I’ve several Polycom SoundPoint IP670 with IP Color Expansion Module.

I used them for many years with the firmware v3.2.x, without encountering any malfunction.

Since I have upgraded them to the firmware v4.0.1, I have often noticed unexpected phone reboots or phone interface blocks.

In particular, I noticed that the problem occurs when I have other incoming calls.
Other phone models with the same firmware do not have any problem.
Can anyone help me?

Thank You

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Marco,

the UCS 4.0.2 Rev B will address this issue and should be released in the next two weeks hopefully but this is just my own personal prediction.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Marco,

this sounds familiar to an issue that I am aware off.

The scenario on this is as follows:

• Phone A Monitors Phone B and Phone C
  • Phone A is in idle mode (no call)
  • Phone B calls Phone C
  • Phone A now displays the BLF activity for Phone B and C
  • On Phone A now press any key like (1-0,*,#) and as a result Phone A will reboot.

This is a know issue in UCS 4.0.1 and will be addressed in the next official UCS 4.0.2 Release which is due soon.

If above scenario does not cause a reboot for you please go ahead and raise a Service Ticket with your Polycom Reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you very much Steffen for your prompt reply.

The scenario is exactly the same as you described.

It 's already been scheduled the release date of the new firmware that will fix this problem?

Thank you again.

Best Regards

Marco

HP Recommended

Hello Marco,

the UCS 4.0.2 Rev B will address this issue and should be released in the next two weeks hopefully but this is just my own personal prediction.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.