Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Here is my setup,

Polycom Soundstation 2w  connected to a Cisco phone voip adapter.  This is so that the analog line from the Soundstation 2w is translated to VOIP and is able to get a number from our server.  The phone works great until we have to use it to call and have a conference call with someone.  The problem occurs when we try and enter the PIN number for get in the conference call.  It keeps doing this echo thing and it shows as though we entered the number once on the dial pad but it keeps saying we entered the PIN incorrectly,  furthermore we are able to join the conference with a simple deskphone.  But the Wireless conference phone does not work.  Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?  We have tried updating the software and we have tried typing very slow,  and very fast.  Nothing seems to work.  When this occurs the Base of the Soundstation 2W is about 5 feet away.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Mark,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The same or similar issues has been brought up a few times already in the communities PSTN section and can be found via the search functionality => here <=

The double DTMF issue is caused by the Cisco adapter as it picks up the DTMF from the phone and sends it again.

Simply connecting another analog phone to the same adapter would show the same behavior. The phone itself works as you would not be able to dial the number itself in the first place.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I tried that and a none, wireless phone does not have the same problem even when I plugged it directly into the cisco device.  There is no double enter of the numbers.  I can dial 123-456-4567  But when I enter the PIN 4567  it goes in as 445667

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello Mark,

you could try to mute the call before you add the requested PIN code and then unmute.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.