Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have an IP7000 device we just got and are trying to configure it for our Shoretel system.  I have found instructions for connecting to our Shoretel system but am having issues with getting the phone to grab an IP address.  I set it as DHCP and when the phone boots I get an error that says, error DHCP failed.  When I go through and setup a static address I either get error line unregistered or no error.  Both ways I cannot ping the phone or ping from the phone.  What needs to be set on the phone to ensure network connectivity?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello gosche15,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

• Is this a new unit or a used unit ?
  • If used did it work before ?

• What cabling are you using to power the unit ?
    PoE or the original cable that comes with the unit?

I have seen users in the past plugging the cable the wrong way around. The Section with the socket showing the conference phone symbol need to be used to plug a RJ45 cable into the socket and the phone.

The other side goes into the switch / RJ45 socket to a switch.

A simple test would be to plug it directly into a switch and see if the activity lights come one.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This is a new device.

I am using the ethernet cable that came with the device and plugging it into a POE switch.  Switch is showing activity but device shows the Error DHCP failed and also at the top menu bar it says network is down.

HP Recommended

Hello gosche15,

this sounds like the unit is defective. Please work with your Polycom reseller to receive an RMA.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

gosche15,

If you are using vLans with your phones make sure the switch port has the vLan matching your DHCP settings.  vLan trunking is common in ShoreTel enviroments.  

Using vLans

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-Utilizing-VLAN-s-with-Polycom-phones/td-p/38100

HP Recommended

We got a replacement unit in and still same issues.

HP Recommended

Hello gosche15,

I would assume this is an issue in your network and would suggest setting up a wireshark trace via a spanned port.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

That's what I was thinking.  I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything specific that I needed to do on the phone to connect it.  If set as DHCP, it should grab an IP right out of the box just like a computer correct?

HP Recommended

It will mostly work like any PC would.  Did you check your vLan configs on DHCP and the switch?

HP Recommended

I had this exact same issue and tried 3 different new SoundStation IP7000 phones. My network is simple with no vlans and it turned out the problematic setting was the VLAN Filtering. Once I turned that off the phone was able to connect to the network and is now working fine. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.