Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am brand new to VoIP and Polycom.  I acquired a Polycom 331 to use with a new Voip.ms account.   When I got the phone, I did a factory reset on it.   When the phone comes up, it gets a IP assignment, but when I go to the browser to try to program the phone, it is requesting a username and password.   I have tried Polycom / 456 but that did not work for me.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Mark

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Mark,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This sounds like you acquired a second hand unit but I am basing this on an assumption as you had not specified the status.

If above is correct you will need to liaise with the seller to get their password.

Polycom does not publicly reveal within this community (also not via private mail!) how to reset the password.

This is explained in the FAQ and I will remove every post or reply in explaining how to do so.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

You are correct, I purchased the phone 2nd hand and the seller hasn't responded with the changed Admin password.   Factory resets do not help and it keeps booting up with his user profiles.   It appears it was linked to Atela.com.

Does polycom have a support factory that can reset the phone for a charge???  I'm new to this, so it is bricked for now.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I suppose one could do a Google search for "polycom password reset" and come up with something pretty quickly.

HP Recommended

Well,

we cannot prevent outside sources revealing this.

Within the community it will be removed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.