Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am an end user who has been advised by our hosted IP provider that we need to do a firmware upgrade on our phones to make them compatible with their system. We are using Rogers/Ringcentral.

Have gone to Polycom tech support, but they only support integrators and resellers. Went to our vendor and they directed my to this forum. Getting the runaround will have to return phones if I cannot get a solution soon.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Magic,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We kindly encourage users in the FAQ to use the search function first before posting a new Issue as many questions have already been answered.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Seems we were sold 3 phones that needed updated firmware to operate.

Our reseller will not provide us with how to obtain said updates and neither will Polycom.

Seems we were sold 3 big paperweights.

Returning them to vendor!

HP Recommended

Hello Magic,

the firmware only needs updating if you want to add new Features.

Depending on the current firmware (UCS or SIP) you will need a provisioning server.

This is all explained in the FAQ or the Admin Guide which is freely available => here <=. In addition the same topic has been discussed on multiple occasions within this community.

You can call Polycom Support but you may have to pay PPI. This is explained => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

First, we are a small home office with 3 Polycom phones.

We are using a company called RingCentral as our hosted IP provider: http://www.ringcentral.ca/

Our phones are simply connected to the Internet via a modem/router. All of the server end of things/administration is done via RingCentral.

RingCentral has advised that we need to do the firmware update on the phones in order to make them compatible with their system. BTW: They have no problem with theIP 550 phones.

Any further advise?

HP Recommended

Hello Magic,

I have given you the direct links to the Provisioning Server explanation.

In addition I provided you with the Link to the FAQ. This states as the 1st Post:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

You should be able to follow above simple post.

The Community Search => here <= provides 122 replies regarding the word Firmware.

I guess using any internet search engine would provide uncountable results regarding a Polycom Software upgrade.

The short fact is that you need to setup your own provisioning server, easiest is a FTP Server.

Install the FTP Server,

check your firewall,

setup a user on the FTP server,

download the SIP or UCS Software requiered by your provider,

unzip the software,

assign the FTP user to the right directory,

reboot your phone,

point it to the IP address of your PC running the FTP Server and it will download the software.

All this is explained in detail in the reply posted above.

If you are still unable to follow this advise or utilize the Forum Search to check for other post's that have discussed this in detail then I can only advise you to contact Polycom Support directly, pay the PPI fee and our technical personel will talk you through above.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.