Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I just want to ask whether there is someone here have experience with Asterisk and Polycom direct rtp. I have installed Soundpoint IP phones for Elastix 1.6 at my customer. Customer wants :

- when the network to Elastix server down and the user still on the phone (internal communication; Soundpoint IP to Soundpoint IP), the conversation not dropped, rtp still stream.

Anyone can share what are the parameters on Soundpoint should concern?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Sisob,

direct rtp traffic is a basic fundamental of SIP.

Usually the SIP signaling is via the SIP server and the end points transmit the RTP to each other without the need for the server.

Asterisk is a back to back user agent and would in this case be the man in the middle.

I suggest you contact Digium in regards of the directmedia settings but this will affect asterisk's functionality.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Sisob,

direct rtp traffic is a basic fundamental of SIP.

Usually the SIP signaling is via the SIP server and the end points transmit the RTP to each other without the need for the server.

Asterisk is a back to back user agent and would in this case be the man in the middle.

I suggest you contact Digium in regards of the directmedia settings but this will affect asterisk's functionality.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Ok. So I can say that nothing to do with setting/parameters inside Polycom Soundpoit IP. Am I correct?

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.