Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm trying to understand how the SIP registration works on Soundpoint phones. I believe by default it re-register every 3600 seconds unless it lose it's registration during this time. At that point the line icon goes blank. How does the phone check if it has connectivity to the PBX and how often? What is happening after the phone lose registration? Does it try to re-register repeatingly? How often does it send the registration request? 

The reason for these questions is that we are developing failover solution for our hosted pbx service. The voice network on customer site will have 2 broadband connections. In case of first broadband failure the phones will be automatically redirected to the second broadband. This second line will have different public IP address so the phones needs to re-register in order to receive incoming calls. 

The failover detection is usually about 10-30 second. Obviously we don't want to change the default registration expiry to as low as 30 seconds as it would bring significant increase of data transfer to our hosted system. So we are looking for some solution how to force the phone to re-register quickly after broadband failover occurs. 

Anyone with some ideas?

Thank you.

Peter

Trinitel Ltd

Advert removed by mod

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello trinitel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications => here <= and the UCS Admin Guide contain explanations regarding these functionalities.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

thank you for your reply. I already have this document but unfortunately it does not help with our problems. This document explains how to configure the phone for failover with 2 servers. This is not our case. We only have 1 server but the phone have 2 broadband connections. We are trying to find out how to force the phone to re-register to the same server when broadband failover occurs (so the phone is behind different public IP address).

I hope you can help.

Thank you.

Peter

HP Recommended

Did you ever resolve this issue?  I just installed a similar environment.  I use Fonality with the IP331 phones.  We just put in the router and second ISP line today.  Router is flipping over reliably but after a relatively short period of time the phones lose connectivity.  I'd welcome any insight you might have to what needs to be done configuration wise to have it reestablish connectivity with the mother ship.

Thanks!

David Jackson

HP Recommended

Does anyone have any insight on how to get this done without having to reboot all the phone?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.