Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a problem with a missing busy signal.

Depending on the destination I call through our ISDN gateway the destination returns an alerting message and after that a busy signal. But depending on the provider I call the alerting signal can be missing and the provider directly returns a busy signal.

The ISDN gateway translates these signals into SIP messages. In the working case it first sends 180 RINGING and then 486 Busy here. In the other case the INVITE becomes directly answered with 486 Busy here withouth 180 RINGING. When there is no 180 Ringing before 486 Busy here the Polycom simply drops the call WITHOUT playing the busy signal.

Is this behavior intended? Is there an option that I can set?  I'm using Firmware 3.2.6. Has this behavior changed in later firmwares?

Thanks

Jan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.