Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Mr. Baier,

I have a similar problem:

Since I'm planning on setting up a conference room in our office, I already talked to one of your company's sales reps. Is it possible to connect the Polycom Soundstation Duo to a Mac Mini? We are planning on using the device as a microphone and speaker in the beginning, but we also might set up real Polycom (telephone) conferencing in the future.

Your colleague talked about a specific cable we need in order to connect the Soundstation Duo with the Mac. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? E.g. driver software, additional hardware, compatibility with Skype and online tools such as anymeeting or gotomeeting. 

I really need to be sure that I can run the Soundstation Duo in combination with Skype/Anymeeting without problems after purchasing the hardware. 

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

DHaller

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello DHaller,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have moved this post from your original reply => here <= as this discusses another PC type.

Currently we are only selling a computer calling kit which has a connector for a PC microphone and a connector for a PC speaker.

As far as I am aware Apple uses a combined 3.5mm plug.

We do not have such specific cable and the only other cable we sell is the mobile phone cable.

Aug 01, 2013 Question: What mobile phone cable can I use?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

To my knowledge this has not been officially tested against any Apple desktop / laptop PC's and is only officially supporting Apple's mobile phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It would be great to find out if you made this work. I've been searching online for several hours to find out if there's a way to connect a SoundStation2 to a a mac mini, and this is the only thread anywhere that discusses it.

Polycom folks, surely by now somebody at your end has attempted to test and resolve this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.