Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Phone Information

Phone Model: Trio 8800

Part Number: 3111-65290-001 Rev:A

Serial: 64167F3DAC0B

UC Software Version: 5.7.1.4095

Updater Signature: ReleaseSystem

I would like to have more control over the native Android system on the Trio 8800...

Is there any way to get to the Android Launcher and/or settings menu from the main UI? 

Is there any way to sideload custom apps?

Do you have any documentation for development, ADB drivers/interface, or customization of the Trio with this in mind?

Do you have an official development network for the Trio that our developers can be part of?

I don't have a Polycom SE... we have always went through Amazon and have have 12 Trio devices in service with plans for 30 more with the Visual+ firmwide in our smaller meeting spaces but would prefer to have the requested information.

THANKS!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @chninjah,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

At present there is no way for an end user to access the OS on a Trio.

We cannot talk about future versions / roadmap and the Trio was sold via INGRAM MICRO back in 02/05/2018 so you would need to work with them on a Feature Request.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Aug 09, 2016 Question:Why can Polycom not discuss future software Versions within the Community?

Explanation:Polycom, as a US based company, cannot share any future release dates or new features due the requirement of a non disclosure agreement / NDA prior to this.Via the medium of a community forum we are unable to do this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Not sure if it is helpful but buried on the support site is an offer of open source software for the Trio.   Under heading Documentation-> Other Documents.  Direct link to PDF.

HP Recommended

Thatis not an offer of the source code for the entire Trio.  Rather, it is an offer of providing the code for the list of open source applications used within the Trio.

I have to imagine that there is custom proprietary code running on the Trio that is not open source, and it would not be included in the offer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.