Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Trio 8500 - Audio Problems

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: Polycom Trio 8500 - Audio Problems

Hi - I'm having exactly this problem with a RealPresence Trio 8500.

"We a a problem with the speaker voice quality during a call.

If the microphone is muted the voice quality of the integrated speakers is excellent.

But if I activate the microphone the voice from the speakers is interrupted/intermittet and hard to understand..sometimes louder sometimes quieter."

That describes it exactly.

It's also reproducable with the inbuilt Audio Diagnostics tool.

MAC: 64:16:7F:1D:A6:10

S/N: 64167F1DA610

Can you advise me on the what the resolution could be?

Message 21 of 25
Occasional Visitor

They were non-helpful. The claimed that the unit must have been a refurbished unit. I bought from the internet and both units as far as I noticed were new. Both were terrible. I am not doing anything at this point. Wish you luck.
Message 22 of 25
Occasional Visitor

Hello Team,

I am running into the same issue. Has anyone had any luck getting this resolved? I will be opening a support ticket as well.

Phone Model     Trio 8500

Part Number      3111-66700-001 Rev:B

MAC Address     64:16:7F:60:FB:DC

UC Software Version      5.9.0.10869

Message 23 of 25
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Incus5 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Simply contact our support team in your region and they should RMA the unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 24 of 25
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello everyone,

I would give the following technical advisory a review, as it sounds like some (not all) replies to this thread are consistent with the behavior of this known issue:

https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/voice/polycom-uc/other-documents/en...

If the issue that you are experiencing is consistent with the known issue mentioned in the technical advisory, the only recourse may be to RMA the unit from remediated stock.

Please be sure to mention the above technical advisory when you call your line of support (which will typically be your Poly authorized reseller.)

Message 25 of 25