Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

we're using a Polycom Trio 8500 confernce phone.

Software-release: 5.7.1.4133

We a a problem with the speaker voice quality during a call.

If the microphone is muted the voice quality of the integrated speakers is excellent.

But if I activate the microphone the voice from the speakers is interrupted/intermittet and hard to understand..sometimes louder sometimes quieter.

First I though a codec/network-problem or something like this, but the error only appears if the mute-mode of the microphone is disabled.

Has anyone an idea to solve the problem?

Thank you and regards from Germany, Nils

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

Hello @Nils Markert,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please get this into support as there is some data we need to check.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so we can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are having same issue and have recvd a replacement unit, still same issue. Has anyone had any luck solving this. 

HP Recommended

Hello @brylay,

Your unit needs to be replaced by Polycom support. Please work on this with your reseller.

Posting your MAC address will allow us to look up who sold the unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We already had the unit replaced, exact same issue with new unit. Is this a common issue that requires replacment? or is this a settings issue. 

Seems unlikely that both units would have same defect unless its very common, and it dosent seem to be that common as there arnt many posts on here about it. 

Where do i find the MAC address for the unit?

Please dont just respond to the last question only.

HP Recommended

Can you help with my issue. Replacement did not solve before.

HP Recommended

Hello @brylay,

I will contact you directly.

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Was there a resolution to this? We are experiencing the same issue on multiple Trio 8500 units in our environment. We are currently running firmware 5.7.1.4145 and have tried with noise cancelling enabled and disabled with no luck. Our Trio 8800s work without issue. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Joe P.,

Please work with your reseller on an RMA for the affected hardware.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Polycom devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Having the same issue with two units.  What was the resolution to this if same thing is happening on a replacement?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.