Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are trying to use 8500 as a Zoom Rooms Controller, but we are getting a Security Warning: Untrusted Server Certificate (attached a pic).

Software version is: 5.9.4.7038, freshly upgraded.

Zoom list their root certificates here - the main one is already in UC, but not the intermediate one: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360044092031-Conference-Room-Connector-TLS-Certificates

Is it possible that this is the issue? If so, how do we install the intermediate certificate? The instructions found online are extremely difficult to understand. For example here:

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/trio-sfb-dg-5-7-1-AA/page/t-ucs-sfb-install-a-certificate-for-p...

It's not clear for us what the application profile and how it releates to the Zoom Rooms mode on the phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After a long search we found the solution.

The phone, on install, does not synchronize the date with anything (I would call this a bug). The date defaults to EPOCH 0, meaning the root certificates are invalid (from the device's point of view, they will only be valid in 30 years' time).

Updating time/date solves the issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

After a long search we found the solution.

The phone, on install, does not synchronize the date with anything (I would call this a bug). The date defaults to EPOCH 0, meaning the root certificates are invalid (from the device's point of view, they will only be valid in 30 years' time).

Updating time/date solves the issue.

HP Recommended

Hello @amrk 

the phone, via DHCP, will look for option 4 or 42, and if these are there will sync the time. If the phone would not be doing this thousands of posts would appear and/or support tickets. If this does not work in your network, and you still believe this is a big, please open a support ticket. 

Replied via a mobile device 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Makes sense - but we don't use DHCP.

It would make sense to check a NIST server if DHCP time fails (or, indeed, is simply switched off). Should be a default.

HP Recommended

Hello @amrk 

most people when manually configuring an IP also add details like DNS and the NTP server. As stated if this would be a common issue we would be overwhelmed with support tickets and/or community posts. 

Any enhancement would require a feature request via a Poly reseller. This is outlined in the FAQ. 

I am just a volunteer so my opinion may not match your expectations. 

Replied via a mobile device 

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen - your opinion is very helpful, thank you. Hopefully Poly employees read the forum and can make the required changes.

HP Recommended

Hi @amrk 

my "day" job is 3rd level support team leader for voice products and in my experience, this has never come up before. As stated already you need to go the way via a feature request but we need a business plan and numbers how many units would be affected if this is not implemented.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Not sure if this is applicable but to my knowledge, there is not a way to install a 3rd part cert on the phone's web interface (port 443). I have an open issue/feature request with Polycom for this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.