Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Trio 8500 unable to get IP address

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Polycom Trio 8500 unable to get IP address

Firmware version: 5.9.4.7038

MAC address: 64:16:7F:9E:7B:C6

Hello, we have a Polycom Trio 8500 that just cannot grab an IP address. I have tried manually giving it an address but once it reboots it goes back to 0.0.0.0. I have updated the firmware, and tried some solutions from the previous thread that had the same issue but in my case it did not work. 

Is there anything I am missing here?

Thank you in adavance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Polycom Trio 8500 unable to get IP address

Polycom endpoints typically display 0.0.0.0 if there is no physical connection on the unit even if you've configured a static IP. Double check your cabling and patching and make sure you are plugged into a live port.

Michael J. Levesque, PCVE

Resolve Collaboration Services Corp.

Michael J. Levesque, PCVE
Resolve Collaboration Services Corp.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I have checked and confirmed that I am plugging into a live port. Just kind of hit a dead end here, not sure what is causing this.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @jsy18 

to exclude your network simply RMA the unit.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4