Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Trio 8800 Call / Mute Status Lights not working

Occasional Contributor

Polycom Trio 8800 Call / Mute Status Lights not working

We are evaluating the Trio8800 with our in house system, and while the status lights work during boot up, they do not light during calls, when muted, or ringing.  Touching them does toggle the mute/unmute function, but you would have to look at the display to know if mute is on.  We are running:

• Phone Model     Trio 8800
  • Part Number     3111-65290-001 Rev:A
  • UC Software Version     5.5.4.2255
  • Updater Signature     Release

Thanks,
Larry

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Trio 8800 Call / Mute Status Lights not working

Hello @lshields,

welcome to the Polycom Community.
Is this a brand new unit and have you factory reset this ?

Try the 4 finger combination mentioned => here <=

Both openSIP or Skype should show a green LED wen calling someone to indicate the Microphone is active.

The next step would be an RMA

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Contributor

Re: Polycom Trio 8800 Call / Mute Status Lights not working

Thank you Steffen.  The unit was brand new out of the box, but ordered maybe sometime last year.  Initially, while still running firmware it shipped with, the lights were working as expected.  It was after updating to a more current software version that I noticed they no longer work.  I have not tried to do a facotry reset.  I may do that next.  I am trying to get these ready to integrate with our RPG 500's so really need them running with latest Trio software version.

Regards,

Larry

Message 3 of 3