Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Even though I have used other trios on the same network connection, for this one particular trio I cannot establish a network connection. I have also tried other network connections as well.

I have formatted the device, reset the settings, reset to factory settings it still comes up with no network available!!

DHCP is enabled and the version is 5.4.1.17597

If any one has any ideas I'd be grateful. Thanks, Will  

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello thekudo82,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Your Software, not that I believe this is the problem here, is to old so please upgrade the Unit.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Dec 04, 2015 Question:How can I provision the RealPresence Trio 8800 and/or Visual+?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

The above, once upgraded, should also upload some logs to the USB stick so you can share them here.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Good Afternoon,

My colleague initially raised this ticket but has since moved teams so I am picking up from where he has left off.

I have gone onto the RealPresence Trio page and downloaded "RealPresence Trio Software Version 5.4.5 Rev AG". I have put these files onto a fat32 stick and factory reset the device using the four corners of the screen trick. When doing this I have plugged the USB stick in so that it uses the build from the USB stick.

Unfortunately, this has not resolved the issue. It is still coming up with Network Unavailable.

I have gone to Settings>Status>Network>Ethernet to compare the settings. On the one that isn't working the Lan Port says inactive, LAN Speed says unknown and LAN Mode is also unknown. On the built one the LAN Port says active, the LAN speed says 100Mbps and the LAN Mode is Full-Duplex.

Any further steps we can take to get this device back up and running?

Kind Regards,

Christopher.

HP Recommended

Hello Christopher,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Firstly let me explain to you by simply posting in this free community no Polycom support ticket will be raised.

If you updated the unit to a currently supported software level and you still have an issue then you need to open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Christopher you ever get this resolved I have 2 8800 doing the same thing  ....  LAN Port: inactive any info greatly appreciated. Kevin

HP Recommended

Christopher or Kevin,

Have either of you come up with a resolution for this? I have had 2 Trio 8800s get this after provisioning with Zoom software. Now if I reset them to factory, I can only get wifi working. PoE powers the device put no link activity back to the switch. Setting a static IP doesn't help either

HP Recommended

Has anyone got this resolved? We have a number of Polycom Trio 8800 and there has been a fourth occurrence of this issue. Three of them have been RMAd but it doesn't really help if this keeps on happening with other phones. Is this a known issue?

This has happened with various firmwares so seems like its not fimrware related.

HP Recommended

Hello @Omair.Sheikh ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

You should open a ticket with support

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

This way we can return the units to Poly and investigate what is happening.

A RMA simply goes back to the reseller and we replace the defective unit.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your feedback. We have raised a case with our supplier and have asked them to provide root cause analysis. I am hoping to get some feedback soon and will then update this post.

HP Recommended

I'm having same issue with my new Trio 8800..  What gives?  And telling folks to raise a ticket, in the chat is not all that good.  There seems to be an issue, that needs to be addressed here in the forum.

William.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.