Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Thanks, I appreciate it.  I've also asked my account managers with Polycom.

We made these phones our standard upon the assumption that we could allow Skype and Zoom to co-exist, but if the model is changing, then that's a problem.

HP Recommended

Thomas,

I am also lost on this step.  As far as I understood, there is two ways to configure the Trio, one is with a "one touch direct" dial to zoom,   in wich the polycom can directly dial to a zoom room.   The second one, is to replace the firmware, and run natively the zoom room software ...     I want test both ways, but start on the first one,  but I get also stopped on the same point that you...   Did you get any support or did you find how to progress on it ?   

Thks !!

HP Recommended

Steffen,

Does this means that the "Hybrid configuration" is not longer supported and is not longer offered ?  No way to have a "one touch dial" ?

If so, should I assume that the only way to integrate the trio 8800 with zoom is to setup the equipment to use zoom rooms as here -> https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000894723-Configuring-Zoom-Rooms-with-Polycom-Trio ?

HP Recommended

Hello @agorostidi,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Since Trio UC Software 5.7.1 the Trio supports the Zoom UI so going forward this is the officially supported Platform from Zoom.

Polycom offered a Hybrid example to use with other providers but I have been asked to remove this.

Following this topic up internally has not yet lead to an answer so for now the Zoom mode is the only officially supported solution.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
I have been testing the Polycom Trio 8800 and Zoom for the past 6 months.

I successfully have the device configured using SFB (line 1), Zoom (line 2) and VOIP via SIP (line 3). The disadvantage of this hybrid setup is the fact that you don't get all of the zoom features. You can not access the zoom contacts or direct video call the Trio (room) from the zoom client. You also can't one touch start a video call to anyone in the company from the Trio configured in hybrid mode, you can only call into the zoom bridge from the Trio.

Additionally when you view the zoom contacts from the zoom client on a pc or smart phone the account used by the Trio is always displayed as being offline. This is normal because the Trio is not actually logged into zoom, in hybrid mode the Trio only uses the calendar integration via the SFB account on line 1 to present the one touch join button when a SFB or Zoom meeting is scheduled. This introduces a problematic end user experience for employees who depend on the zoom client to determine if the room where the Trio has been deployed is available and fonctional.

Zoom/Polycom have addressed these limitations with the Zoom Room software for the Trio, unfortunately if you provision the Trio with the Zoom Room software you loose SFB functionality and the ability to use the Trio for telephony via SIP (VoIP).

Polycom seems to have lost focus that the primary objective of the Trio is to be the best audio device in the room for telephony. Yes the evolution of the Trio has quickly transformed the ability to integrate UC platforms but you can't sacrifice native SIP and drop VoIP functionality! Having one device on the boardroom table to handle Zoom and VOIP is the end goal. Knowing that you need the Zoom Room software installed on the Trio to deliver a transparent and unified experience across all platforms at the cost of sacrificing the SIP VoIP line is a significant oversight by Polycom. It has also placed everyone following this tread and companies who are purchasing Trio's for hybrid deployment with zoom in a very bad position. Hybrid mode = missing zoom features and introduce confusion to the employees and the executive team; install Zoom Room = inability to use the Trio as a phone in the conference room! Sigh....
HP Recommended

Hello @Playgrnd,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am no Product Manager so I am unable to deliver the official line or share any road map as this requires an NDA.

Basically you listed already the pro's and con's for each model.

Polycom has a partnership with Zoom so the officially supported model at present is the Zoom application we introduced with 5.7.1

This is at present the only officially supported solution due the lack or missing features of the hybrid approach.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Both the Hybird Line and Zoom Room are supported workflows from both Polycom and Zoom.

Zoom customers now have the choice to utilize the native experience achieved by the new feature delivered in the 5.7.1 Trio Software Release via the Zoom Rooms operational mode.  This operational mode is for customer deployments exclusive to Zoom.  It cannot co-exist with other ecosystems.  

For customers with a requirement of leveraging multiple ecosystems, both Polycom and Zoom will continue to support the Hybrid Ecosystem mode so long as the device is registering to the Zoom SIP Registration gateway.  You will configure your device as a Polycom Device in the Zoom Admin portal and leverage the SIP registration for the device as provided by Zoom and configured in their admin portal.

Polycom will continue to support customers leveraging the unregistered line feature of Trio so long as they are not Zoom customers, but rather Polycom Customers who occasionally join Zoom Meetings hosted by another company in a B2B Scenario. This also applies to registrations and traversal through Polycom Clariti Infrastructure.  

For all customers scenarios, provisioning for the device may come through either Zoom's provisioning portal or through Polycom Provisioning Solutions.  

HP Recommended

Sorry to Hijack.  I'm after the same as this thread,, however with Bluejeans instead

HP Recommended

Hello @lkuret,

this topic is Zoom only. Please do not Hijack this post and use the FAQ instead.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you for weighing in Brandon.  

So would you say that the config file for Zoom service which is located here is still valid?   I can't seem to get it to do anything other than give me a busy signal.  

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-Add-Zoom-interoperability-to-the-Polycom-Trio/m...

I'm on 5.7.1.  on a full collab kit. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.