Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've followed the following post:  https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-Add-Zoom-interoperability-to-the-Polycom-Trio/t...

And was able to get the Zoom button to appear as a second line my Trio 8800.

However, Zoom says you can configure the Trio to be a zoom room, allowing you to schedule zoom meetings via the associated calendar and then one-touch start the meeting.

Has anyone found out how to do this?  I've been following the article on zoom:  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115001940943-Zoom-Connector-for-Polycom

However it seems to be missing some details, as in how to actually configure the Polycom Trio to pick up the settings configred in the zoom portal and I assume made available by the API server.

Has anyone figured out how to integrate the Trio with Zoom rooms?

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

Trio integration with Zoom already supports One Touch Dial.   The Zoom API connector is required and you must provision the Trio in the Zoom Portal.   There is a config option to add the calendar for the endpoint in the Zoom Portal.

Polycom and Zoom are also working on making Trio part of the Zoom room.  The Trio will be the speaker/Mic and the controller application for the Zoom Room and will be running native Zoom software.  

HP Recommended

Is there any documentation from Polycom that explains the configuration of the Zoom API connector?  I've been going back and forth with Zoom support and have exhausted their knowledge. There documentation does not address how to connect to the Trio to the API connector.  It explains how to 1) configure the zoom connector for polycom in their portal 2) install the API service on a local server but then the documentation stops.  There has to be a setting that is applied on the Trio itself to contact the API server and pull the configuration.  It can't just magically find it, right?

HP Recommended

If you run the virtual room connector, I've found that I don't have to register my Trios to get one-touch zoom working.

Users book the calendar via Outlook with the Zoom link, and the join button appears on the Trio.  Works fine.  The advantage to this configuration is that the phone supports both Skype and Zoom one-touch dial.

HP Recommended

Am looking for the same solution. Woud like to keep the TRIO registed to on-prem Skype and Zoom as well. I did insert the config as second line - so I do have a button to connect and view Zoom's "Enter Zoom Meeting ID" window and keying in a conference ID am able to participate. I also invite the room via the Room's Exchange calendar and the TRIO is showing me the meeting, incl details and the meeting URL in the Location field.

What am missing is the click to join button - how did you get this to work? 

HP Recommended

Hi  Michael,

Please follow the guide here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115001940943-Zoom-Connector-for-Polycom and feel free to reach out to Zoom support (or your Zoom Acocunt Rep) for additional help.

Thanks,

Simon (Zoom).

HP Recommended

Just for everyone to be clear - if you follow the published steps for Zoom's integration, the following occurs:

- Zoom provisions and manages your device.  No RPRM.

- No Skype for Business or 3rd party video SIP provider support.

I'm not sure why Polycom removed all references to the self-configurable 2nd Zoom Line CFG options, or what that means for the future of supporting both Skype and Zoom off of a single device.

HP Recommended

Hello @philliplyle,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

We are talking about two different solutions here:

• An officially supported Solution that is tested by Zoom
    or
  • A Polycom solution to use multiple Providers utilizing a Hybrid registration

If you simply want to be able to use Zoom you will need to follow the Zoom Support provided guidelines.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, Steffen.

Just to be clear, you appear to no longer be posting the configuration or steps for your second bullet:

• A Polycom solution to use multiple Providers utilizing a Hybrid registration

The "official" method is very limiting unless you want to only do Zoom, so I'm just looking for clarification as to whether future customers (such as Michael, above) are going to be able to do the hybrid registration through a Polycom configuration.   Zoom's official integration does not support Skype for Business on the 1st line.

HP Recommended

Hello @philliplyle,

I asked Product Management for feedback on this. For now we have been asked to remove the Hybrid configuration example.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.