Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a Trio 8800.  We use it with our Microsoft Office 365 E5 account for web meetings.  It is also connected as a SIP device to our Mitel phone system for inbound and outbound calling.  It is working fine with Skype for Business meetings or standard phone calls through Mitel, but we’re having trouble joining 3rd party conference bridges. 

For example, we have a vendor that provided their conference bridge information for a recurring meeting.  We call the toll-free number for their conference bridge and the call goes through successfully.  When we try to enter the conference ID followed by the # sign, nothing happens.  I have tested this with multiple 3rd party conference bridges and they all have the same issue.  I have tested both by adding a participant to our Skype call, or dialing out through the SIP line and neither way allows us to enter the conference ID and # sign.

Below are the details of our phone model.  Attached is a backup and settings export from the web interface.

Phone Model     Trio 8800

Part Number      3111-65290-001 Rev:A

MAC Address     64:16:7F:3D:CE:E8

Wi-Fi MAC Address         64:16:7F:3D:CE:E9

Bluetooth MAC Address 64:16:7F:3D:CE:EA

IP Address          192.168.80.122

UC Software Version      5.7.1.4133

Updater Signature           Release

System Name    Aspen Phone

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @jmorphew ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Your backup does not show any sign of a Hybrid registration which would be required if you are using Skype for Business and a 2nd Mitel line:

Jan 25, 2016 Question:How many Lines can I register using Poly phones with Lync Server / Skype for Business server ?

Resolution: UC Software 5.8.0 for VVX phones and UC Software 5.5.2 for Poly Trio added the Hybrid registration feature. Details are in the Admin Guide or => here <= up to 3 different lines. The first one must be Skype for Business / Office 365

In addition, you are using a no longer supported software aka UC Software 5.7.1

The currently supported software is UC Software 5.9.1 Rev AB

I suggest you upgrade your software and factory default the unit.

Then sign in to Skype for Business and follow the above Hybrid instructions to add a 2nd line. Configure this for your Mitel PABX.

If you still have DTMF issues follow this FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to send DTMF to an IVR system or how to troubleshoot DTMF issues

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If this still fails open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.  I did read the FAQs as well as the community rules around posts, I wasn’t able to find a resolution that way. 

We use the phone for both Skype for Business meetings (Office 365 E5 license) and a SIP phone through Mitel.  I don’t know what to tell you on the hybrid registration, both Skype and the SIP line are working fine.  That first support link doesn’t seem to be related to my issue.  The Skype setup doesn’t have a phone line, it’s just used for web meetings through Office 365.  All I did to setup that up is sign into the pphone with the Office 365 account credentials.

The second support article mentioned this resolution, that might explain what’s happening:

When using OutBound DTMF the Star * and Hash # character is usually encoded as 10 or 11.

If this should be send as * and # instead please add the following parameter:

voIpProt.SIP.dtmfViaSignaling.rfc2976.nonLegacyEncoding="1"

I exported the configuration file through the web interface and found this line:

voIpProt.SIP.dtmfViaSignaling.rfc2976="1"

I replaced it with this line:

voIpProt.SIP.dtmfViaSignaling.rfc2976.nonLegacyEncoding="1"

Then I imported the new configuration file, but it did not resolve the issue.  Did I update the config correctly?

I upgraded the software to UC Software Version 5.9.1.10906, but that did not resolve the issue either.  The issue seems to be that the numbers and # sign aren’t being sent once the call has been established.

Let me know what the next steps are.

HP Recommended

Hello @jmorphew ,

From the FAQ:

Mar 08, 2013 Question: Where can I download configuration files from or create these myself?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

We have not seen a new backup so we cannot comment. The quoted FAQ contains quite detailed information on how this can troubleshoot.

The next step, as already explained, is to open a ticket.

Our records show this Trio was sold via SCANSOURCE INC back in 13/05/2018.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Attached is the new backup.  I reset the phone to facotry default and removed the SIP settings, we were only using it as a SIP device to see if it would allow us to join 3rd party conference bridges.  The factory reset did not resolve the issue for us either.

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

The next step, as already explained, is to open a ticket.

Our records show this Trio was sold via SCANSOURCE INC back in 13/05/2018.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.