Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Trio Bluetooth Issues

Occasional Advisor

Re: Polycom Trio Bluetooth Issues

Hi,

Yes, still having the same issue.

My supplier is currently helping to verify this issue.

I believed this issue is a manufacturing defects and should not have anything to do with the software or firmware.

Let me know if you have any findings and i'll post my updates here.

Thanks & Regards.

Message 11 of 18
Occasional Advisor

Just updated firmware to 5.4.4.

Bluetooth works quite well untill Trio reboots.

If I reboot my laptop, after log on, Trio and laptop connects automaticaly.

But if I reboot Trio, it does not connect automatically. Strange.

Message 12 of 18
Occasional Advisor

Based on my last testing in my office, the Trio plugging in USB does automatically open up the folder and allows you to share content easily.

However, the Bluetooth is the same and only works for the first time.

The version I have tested was v5.4.3 rev AB.

I haven't tried v5.4.4 which I had been recommended by Polycom engineer to do so.

But since you had already done the same upgrade, there's no point for me to do so. And from the looks of it, it doesn't look like it's the software issues but more of hardware batch.

Any takes on this ?

Message 13 of 18
Occasional Advisor

Is there any solution for this ?

So far I also received feedback from Polycom rep to send back the defective unit.

Anyone here managed to fix this issue ?

Please advise. Coz sending back RMA lead time is long. It's easier to do fixing off site.

Message 14 of 18
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Kestutis_ELIPSIS and all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Bluetooth issue aka paired Trio to PC or Smartphone does not repair after a reboot of the Trio is logged under 1-4413853599 / VESC-6999 and I can only encourage you to do the same and map to these tickets.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 15 of 18
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello all,

I have now tested this using Windows 10 and after a reboot of the PC the Trio does not pair. This must be a Windows 10 issue and the following steps simply re-connect:

Windows10_01.png

And then simply click on the Trio's Bluetooth name

Windows10_02.png

Doing the same on an iPhone 6S or a MacBook Air will automatically re-connect.

The above was tested using UC Software 5.4.4.7587 Rev AA

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 16 of 18
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

For windows 10 the only method I have tried is using the wired cable.

Due to the wireless implementation does not work for most corporate and normally they dont allow it for network security reasons.

However, will give it a try.

Based on my last report, the issues was the bluetooth pairing with mostly Andoird & IOS phones which are giving problem.

I'll update you the detailed testings once I have confirmed them.

Thanks for the sharing.

Message 17 of 18
Visitor

Hello, we have a Polycom Trio 8800 as well and are having difficulties with connecting the unit via Bluetooth from Windows PC's. I have installed the latest software version on the Trio 8800 (5.5.3 Rev AB) , but it is not working at all for PC's. We have tried Windows 7 and Windows 10. Other bluetooth devices pair up to the PC's with no issues. Android phones are working O.K. Any assistance or ideas on this would be great. My team has wasted too much time on something that should not be this difficult. 

Thanks. 

Message 18 of 18