Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a Τrio 8800 running version 5.9.1.10906

Trio is in hybrid registration, Skype for business base profile and at the second line i disabled SIP and enabled H323

I can make an outbound call with H.323 protocol from line 2 but when i call Trio from another H.323 endpoint it does not ring at all and as a result the call is not established.

The calls made in LAN environment( no need for port forwarding or gatekeeper). Is this is a bug on firmware version or i am  still missing some configuration?

Thank you in advance for your time and responses.

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @giannisd ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Usually, without any form of a log or even a backup, it is hard to comment.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Sep 27, 2019 Question: Does a Poly Trio support H.323?

Resolution: Please check >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @giannisd ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Usually, without any form of a log or even a backup, it is hard to comment.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Sep 27, 2019 Question: Does a Poly Trio support H.323?

Resolution: Please check >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Giannisd,

We have seen issues with H.323 and the Trio. Many times (randomlly it seems) if we call the trio via H323 it takes about 1minute and 45seconds  before the Trio even attempts to ring. It gives no indication that a call is coming in. We have our Trio's set to auto answer H.323 calls. It sounds similar to the issue you are seeing. Have you attempted to call the trio and wait about 2 minutes to see if the call goes through? Just curuios. 

thanks, 

HP Recommended

Hello @Nroth ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Similar response as to the original poster. You did not provide any meaningful data for anyone to comment or look at.

H.323 is officially supported and has been tested.

The next step would be a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I have a ticket open and am working the issue with polycom. I requested the original poster to attempt to wait the H323 call out to see if he is experiencing the same issue we are. To me and maybe the original poster this is added information as he/she is thinking the call is not established when it may just be a delay that was not waited out. 

Not sure why all the respones from Polycom are negative, but we are all working to try and find solutions to something that is not working. 

Thanks, 

HP Recommended

Hello @Nroth ,

Providing a backup or the configuration used could give a quick insight if the feature is used accordingly how it was developed.

Also providing details if this is a hybrid scenario or what software version is used helps as well.

Even just sharing the case number can enable us to link this together.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Agree 100%.  Most of the responses directly from Stephon provide no help and you get the same response.

How about instead of saying - You didn't provide the firmware, you say - you need to be on xx for this to work.

HP Recommended

Hello @SRANE 

could I kindly ask you to give me the professional courtesy of spelling my name correctly?

Two separate locations within this community tell a user what the minimum required details are for a new or follow up post.

Providing this enables our volunteers to focus on the issue at hand and not chase information to get to the point.

I admit it may not be easy for end customers to receive support directly from Poly but therefore our volunteers do spend their own personal time and answer posts.

Without logs and backups, we cannot help users.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello to all,

After a lot of testing calls our conclusions are:

1) Trio H.323 works fine only if Trio's Base Profile is Generic on the version 5.9.1.10906 i stated on my orginal start post.

2) If I configure something on SfB profile and then change it to Generic the H.323 calls to Trio may appear issues either H.323 is on Line 1 or Line 2 etc

3) Last but no least i want to mention that I never offended Steffen or any other member of this community. We are all here trying to help each other and solve issues. 

Obviously Steffen your previous post does not refer to me.

Best regards,

HP Recommended

Hi @giannisd 

apologize I used the wrong name tag. I have corrected this and great news that you can use the feature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.