Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Trio H.323

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Polycom Trio H.323

Hello,

I have a Τrio 8800 running version 5.9.1.10906

Trio is in hybrid registration, Skype for business base profile and at the second line i disabled SIP and enabled H323

I can make an outbound call with H.323 protocol from line 2 but when i call Trio from another H.323 endpoint it does not ring at all and as a result the call is not established.

The calls made in LAN environment( no need for port forwarding or gatekeeper). Is this is a bug on firmware version or i am  still missing some configuration?

Thank you in advance for your time and responses.

Best regards,

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Trio H.323

Hello @giannisd ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Usually, without any form of a log or even a backup, it is hard to comment.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Sep 27, 2019 Question: Does a Poly Trio support H.323?

Resolution: Please check >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
Occasional Visitor

Giannisd,

We have seen issues with H.323 and the Trio. Many times (randomlly it seems) if we call the trio via H323 it takes about 1minute and 45seconds  before the Trio even attempts to ring. It gives no indication that a call is coming in. We have our Trio's set to auto answer H.323 calls. It sounds similar to the issue you are seeing. Have you attempted to call the trio and wait about 2 minutes to see if the call goes through? Just curuios. 

thanks, 

Message 3 of 6

Hello @Nroth ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Similar response as to the original poster. You did not provide any meaningful data for anyone to comment or look at.

H.323 is officially supported and has been tested.

The next step would be a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 6
Occasional Visitor

I have a ticket open and am working the issue with polycom. I requested the original poster to attempt to wait the H323 call out to see if he is experiencing the same issue we are. To me and maybe the original poster this is added information as he/she is thinking the call is not established when it may just be a delay that was not waited out. 

Not sure why all the respones from Polycom are negative, but we are all working to try and find solutions to something that is not working. 

Thanks, 

Message 5 of 6

Hello @Nroth ,

Providing a backup or the configuration used could give a quick insight if the feature is used accordingly how it was developed.

Also providing details if this is a hybrid scenario or what software version is used helps as well.

Even just sharing the case number can enable us to link this together.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Message 6 of 6