Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Although we want to use Trio for S4B, we have work to do on this, therefore wish to feature release this at a later stage. 

Therefore I still need to Network the Trio as I need to show content on TV screen, through USB screen share.  Network is not available in 'Generic' mode which makes it just a phone.  So need to chnage mode to S4B.

Essentially my issue is that the following

Trio needs to have two line         

Line 1:   SIP connection to PABX for PSTN dialling                (Not working)

Line 2:   BlueJeans                                                                            (Working)

Trio main unit needs to be networked to other device which sits behind TV

Connection of this changes the unit from being a ‘Generic phone’ and needs to be set for Skype for Business Mode

This change changes the key options for key 1 therefore removes the ability to successfully register to PBX. 

SIP set works on Key 2 when S4B configured on Key 1

S4B is not wanted in the configuration at all.

I'm going crazy that I'm stuck on one last thing....registration of the SIP.

Trio:

UC Software Version

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @lkuret,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I am not fully sure what your issue is or what reference this all has to Skype for Business but a Trio running in S4B and utilizing a Hybrid registration with anything else aka BlueJeans needs to have Line 1 setup for S4B.

In openSIP you can also use the Hybrid Feature and have Line 1 as SIP and Line 2 as BlueJeans.

As you have not posted any logs or any configuration you used it is really hard to even try and help you.

In your other post's I provided you details with who you should work with for support related queries so this should still be applicable.

In both S4B or openSIP mode the Trio can be used with a Visual+ and there is no restriction on this that I am aware.

Sharing content works using USB and the Licensed Features Airplay and Miracast.

Maybe it is as simple as that your yet unknown SIP Provider does not support Video but again I am just assuming as your post lacks this kind of detail.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 25, 2016 Question:How many Lines can I register using Polycom phones with Lync Server / Skype for Business server ?

Resolution: UC Software 5.8.0 for VVX phones and UC Software 5.5.2 for Polycom Trio added the Hybrid registration feature. Details are in the Admin Guide or => here <= up to 3 different lines. The first one must be Skype for Business / Office 365

The above provides details on Hybrid Registration for Trio or VVX

BlueJeans is discussed here:

Nov 27, 2017 Question: Can I add BlueJeans to the Polycom Trio?

Resolution: Please check => here <= or for current information => here <=

In addition please utilize the community search or if all fails please open a Ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @lkuret,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I am not fully sure what your issue is or what reference this all has to Skype for Business but a Trio running in S4B and utilizing a Hybrid registration with anything else aka BlueJeans needs to have Line 1 setup for S4B.

In openSIP you can also use the Hybrid Feature and have Line 1 as SIP and Line 2 as BlueJeans.

As you have not posted any logs or any configuration you used it is really hard to even try and help you.

In your other post's I provided you details with who you should work with for support related queries so this should still be applicable.

In both S4B or openSIP mode the Trio can be used with a Visual+ and there is no restriction on this that I am aware.

Sharing content works using USB and the Licensed Features Airplay and Miracast.

Maybe it is as simple as that your yet unknown SIP Provider does not support Video but again I am just assuming as your post lacks this kind of detail.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 25, 2016 Question:How many Lines can I register using Polycom phones with Lync Server / Skype for Business server ?

Resolution: UC Software 5.8.0 for VVX phones and UC Software 5.5.2 for Polycom Trio added the Hybrid registration feature. Details are in the Admin Guide or => here <= up to 3 different lines. The first one must be Skype for Business / Office 365

The above provides details on Hybrid Registration for Trio or VVX

BlueJeans is discussed here:

Nov 27, 2017 Question: Can I add BlueJeans to the Polycom Trio?

Resolution: Please check => here <= or for current information => here <=

In addition please utilize the community search or if all fails please open a Ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello all,

the Zoom FAQ has been updated with the official supported variants.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi,

Circling back to close this item

Below recommendations were correct.

If not using S4B, then units Base mode needs to be set as 'Generic'.

Pretty obvious one, but I seem to have missed given I had originally programmed with S4B, then later removed that programming.

Still other issues with BlueJeans, however will find an existing thread or start a new one on this.

Steffen, thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.