Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom VVX 300 call transfer to other line

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Polycom VVX 300 call transfer to other line

Hi,

We used grandstream phones until now and they had 1 handy option that we are missing now:

1. pick up a line.

2. call someone on a second line or pick up another incoming line.

3. join the 2 lines, without being part of the conversation anymore.  (on one of the lines, press transfer, then select the other line to join them)

Can this be done with polycom phones? in particular the VVX300 ?

Regards,

Remco.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom VVX 300 call transfer to other line

Hello RemcoL,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

To my knowlegde this is currently not possible. Transfering a call or making a new call always uses Line 1.

This requires a feature request.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Polycom VVX 300 call transfer to other line

Join is already present, joining 2 lines, but it will keeps you in the conversation, resulting in a 3-way call. We do not want to stay in the conversation.

Anyway, i will make a feature request to make this configurable or provide another solution

Edit: read the post and understand that i am not able to do this, let's hope my reseller can and will, i find this not very user friendly though.

Message 3 of 3