Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom VVX 300 for Lync

mikelogic
Occasional Visitor

Polycom VVX 300 for Lync

Hello,

I  am setting up a site where we planned to have Polycom VVX 300 deployed at the office and will be using MS Lync as UC.

I am new to VoIP and Lync. 

I need to setup coupe of  switches (HP procurve 2620) and get the phones working.

We have limited ports so I need to know what's needing done on the switches and so that phone get different ip (phone vlan say 10.20.x.x) and laptop get ip in range 192.168.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom VVX 300 for Lync

Hello mike,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 10, 2013 Question: How can I use VLAN's with Polycom phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Specific instructions for HP switches should be requested from a HP related forum or their support team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
James.Helman
Regular Advisor

Re: Polycom VVX 300 for Lync

Mike,

Since this is a Lync/SfB environment I suggest using going the Lync configuration route.  This will make getting support easier in the long run and allow you to connect other Lync supported IP phones if needed.  If you are not already, I suggest working with an experienced Lync partner.  If Lync Enterprise Voice is not configured correctly you will be fighting phone issues down the road.

General configuration for Lync IP phones 

http://blog.schertz.name/2010/12/configuring-lync-server-for-phone-edition-devices/

Setting Phone vLan in Lync Environment

http://blog.schertz.name/2011/01/manual-vlan-configuration-for-lync-phone-edition/

Message 3 of 3