Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hi,

I have a Polycom VVX 301, and VVX 500. The VVX 301 we have a snippet of code for the softkey EFK options, along with the enhancedFeatureKeys which include: park, pickup call, and page. It all works fine on the VVX 301.

Both VVX 301 and VVX 500 is using software version 5.3.0.12074

====

Our Snippet of code

====

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- FacetPhone phone specific manual adustment Polycom SIP configuration file -->
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">
<efk efk.version="2">
      <efk.efkprompt
         efk.efkprompt.2.status="1"
         efk.efkprompt.2.label="Call to pickup"
         efk.efkprompt.2.userfeedback="visible"
         efk.efkprompt.2.type="numeric">
      </efk.efkprompt>
   </efk>
   <softkey
      softkey.1.action="$Chold$#3"
      softkey.1.enable="1"
      softkey.1.label="Park"
      softkey.1.precede="1"
      softkey.1.use.active="1"
      softkey.2.action="#4$P2N3$#"
      softkey.2.enable="1"
      softkey.2.label="Pickup"
      softkey.2.precede="1"
      softkey.2.use.dialtone="1"
      softkey.3.action="#6"
      softkey.3.enable="1"
      softkey.3.label="Page"
      softkey.3.precede="1"
      softkey.3.use.dialtone="1"
      softkey.3.use.idle="1"
      <softkey.feature
         softkey.feature.buddies="0"
         softkey.feature.newcall="0"
         softkey.feature.endcall="0"
         softkey.feature.split="0"
         softkey.feature.join="0"
         softkey.feature.doNotDisturb="0"
         feature.doNotDisturb.enable="0"
         softkey.feature.forward="0"
         feature.forward.enable="0"
         feature.urlDialing.enabled="0" >
      </softkey.feature>
 </softkey>

</polycomConfig>

How should we solve this problem?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

In my previous post I forgot to mention that the snippet of code does not work on the VVX 500, but it does on the VVX 301.

How do we fix this on the VVX 500? Any suggestions.

HP Recommended

Hello @ethomas,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I suggest you test this using a currently supported software version.

UC Software 5.3.0 is outdated. Please try UC Software 5.6.3 instead.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

That is exactly my intention to try the latest load 5.6.3. I will update the post as soon as I pull the current build down to our tape tree.  Thank you 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Firmware load has been updated to UC Software 5.6.3 as suggested. Still no change on the VVX 500. 

After taking a closer look at the following files in the log, it read the following files including the app.log.

000108.836|so   |*|00|Configuration files: adjust0004f25859a5.cfg, phone0004f25859a5.cfg, fp_site_sip.cfg, fp_sip.cfg
000108.837|so   |*|00|Configuration file "adjust0004f25859a5.cfg" SHA1 digest: C997E14AC0163FECDE895D094937E384207D8140
000108.837|so   |*|00|Configuration file "phone0004f25859a5.cfg" SHA1 digest: B4D461BC7BCE19CE82F83CD4EA58E64BD1FE6298
000108.837|so   |*|00|Configuration file "fp_site_sip.cfg" SHA1 digest: E21426BBB93322F77E6492F9EED106E91B126485
000108.837|so   |*|00|Configuration file "fp_sip.cfg" SHA1 digest: 9138981A8B71A73E06411D54F4A5ACA7776BAEB5

======
The following are errors from the app.log

Here are errors in the app.log
000109.093|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Array parameter key.x.function.prim index 324 is out of range
000109.093|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Array parameter key.x.function.sec index 324 is out of range
000109.093|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Array parameter key.x.subPoint.prim index 324 is out of range
000109.093|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Array parameter key.x.subPoint.sec index 324 is out of range
000109.093|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Array parameter key.x.remote.prim index 324 is out ofrange
000109.093|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Array parameter key.x.remote.sec index 324 is out of range

Any help or suggestion on this would be great. If you would like I could do the screen shot on the VVX 301 that does work with all the EFK softkeys showing, verses nothing from from the VVX 500.
HP Recommended

Does anyone have a comment or suggestion on this issue as of yet ???????

HP Recommended

Hello @ethomas,

This is a community forum where enthusiasts help each other and not some form of support.

You can either wait for someone to reply or simply follow the official Polycom escalation path.

As you have not even attached the configuration used its hard to guess. The EFK FAQ is pretty detailed and should be easy to follow.

I suggest you factory reset the phone and start from scratch. If this all fails and nobody answers you any follow up questions the next step is to open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

As you indicated the EFK FAQ is pretty detailed, yes they are very detailed, and that is why OUR  softkey snippet has work on all previous versions of Polycom IP phone, both SIP, and MGCP Polycoms, including VVX series. I have been doing this for 15+ years, and working with Polycom during that entire time.

I take it from your comments that you don't really know what the issue is either. Our Polycom reseller knows less than we do so that is the reason I was reaching out in the dark to this fourm hoping someone would have some relative idea.

I appreciate you comments up to this point in time, I will open an official Polycom support ticket. Have a nice weekend.

HP Recommended

Hello @ethomas,

I have written nearly all FAQ's within this community and I eat,sleep and breathe "Polycom" but as stated in my signature I am doing all of this in my spare time (i.e. on a Sunday today) as an example).

You have not attached any configuration used and only posted a log snippet showing errors. We cannot guess what you most likely are doing wrong and what is causing these error messages as we have not seen any configuration.

If you have such a long relationship with Polycom it should be super easy to get this into our North American support team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.