Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would like to reduce the jitter buffer on the phone (PolycomVVX-VVX_410-UA/4.1.4.7430).

I found - in the admin guide - that there's Codec Profiles section (<audioProfile/>) tag where I should be able to set the following attributes:

parameter: voice.audioProfile.x.jitterBufferMin 

permitted values:  20, 40, 50, 60, ... (multiple of 10)

description: The smallest jitter buffer depth (in milliseconds)
that must be achieved before play out begins
for the first time. Once this depth has been
achieved initially, the depth may fall below this
point and play out will still continue. This
parameter should be set to the smallest
possible value which is at least two packet
payloads, and larger than the expected short
term average jitter. The IP4000 values are the
same as the IP30x values.

parameter: voice.audioProfile.x.jitterBufferShrink
permitted value:  10, 20, 30, ... (multiple of 10)
description: The absolute minimum duration time (in
milliseconds) of RTP packet Rx with no packet
loss between jitter buffer size shrinks. Use
smaller values (1000 ms) to minimize the delay
on known good networks. Use larger values to
minimize packet loss on networks with large
jitter (3000 ms).

parameter: voice.audioProfile.x.jitterBufferMax

permitted value: > jitterBufferMin,multiple of 10,<=300 for IP 32x, 33x, 430, 550, 600, and 650

description: The largest jitter buffer depth to be supported
(in milliseconds). Jitter above this size will
always cause lost packets. This parameter
should be set to the smallest possible value
that will support the expected network jitter.

My question is: what are the default values so that  can "reduce"  the jitter buffer..

Any help is appreciated..

Thank you!

-

Silum

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Silum,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Actually all of the three parameters you have quoted are so called legacy parameters and are no longer used since UC Software 4.0.0 or later. You must have looked at an older SIP or UC Software admin guide.

The Parameters voice.rxQoS.avgJitter and voice.rxQoS.maxJitter are well documented with their max and min values and their default.

In addition your phone is currently running an outdated software and should be on UC Software 4.1.8 , 5.1.3 or even 5.2.0 instead.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Silum,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Actually all of the three parameters you have quoted are so called legacy parameters and are no longer used since UC Software 4.0.0 or later. You must have looked at an older SIP or UC Software admin guide.

The Parameters voice.rxQoS.avgJitter and voice.rxQoS.maxJitter are well documented with their max and min values and their default.

In addition your phone is currently running an outdated software and should be on UC Software 4.1.8 , 5.1.3 or even 5.2.0 instead.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you SteffenBaierUK for your accurate answer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.