Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We've recently migrated from Nortel Phone to Polycom Phone, However, we noticed there's significant volume decrease even though we've set to Maximum call volume from keypad. The agent couldn't hear customer well, and hence bad Customer/Agent experience.

I understand the phones volume level are carefully adjusted to meet international levels and regulations and should therefore only be modified whilst consulting with Polycom support.

Is there any way for us to further increase the call volume by cfg file??

Regards,

CK

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

hi Chunkeat,

Not sure of the exact firmware version you are running since it is not mentioned in your post . All I can suggest from your post is to run the latest firmware .

Also , the audio codec being used needs to be checked . For example if you are using G729 then it will be compressed audio and hence the quality with differ for
G711 (uncompressed audio).

There is also a FAQ on the configuration file volume changes that you can test with => here <=

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Thanks Karthik.

There's no problem with my Polycom Phone persistent volume setting. The agent is complaining it's still too soft even though we have it configured to max volume.

The Phone is running on 5.5.0.20556 firmware. Also, for the codec, we're using G711 a-law here in Asia Pacific.

I'm just wonder if there's any cfg file that I can modify to further allow the Polycom Phone Volume?

Regards,

CK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.